Code 39 and usb ports

Tennis

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Ok so i turned on my pc one day and the mouse just wouldnt work, i tried plugging it my other usb ports but to no avail. Im not sure if any new hardware had been installed on it previously as more than one person uses the pc but anyway i uninstalled the usb drivers using the tab and arrow keys but every time i tried installing them again the hardware wizard would give me the same message: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" Id appreciate any help or tips you could give me. :) Thanks.

festerovic

Distinguished
Do you have an exe installer for the drivers, or the actual inf file for the driver? If you have the INF, then try installing the driver via the Device Manager->Properties->Install Driver.

If you are using the exe for the drivers, try and track where it installs the temp directory that is holding the INF, and try the above method.

Do not use the silly windows hardware wizard, it usually sucks and won't find drivers sitting right on your drive sometimes.

TRENDING THREADS