Solved

ASUS M4A87TD DRAM LED at boot

My computer shut off at a seemingly random time, the DRAM LED lit up then my computer reset. Now every time I boot up my machine the DRAM LED lights up for about 5 seconds then turns off. The computer boots and runs fine. It detects all the RAM I have installed. The manual wasn't helpful in this situation. Thinking the RAM went bad, I swapped it out one stick at a time and the DRAM LED didn't turn off. I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Mother board: ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB DDR3 sticks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus m4a87td dram boot
  1. I just replaced two sticks of 2GB RAM for two 4GB sticks (making my total RAM 12GB), the DRAM LED is still lighting up during boot. I pushed and held the MEM OK button for a few seconds after installing the new RAM while the computer was shut down hoping for a result. The computer started up and tested the RAM with no problems reported but the DRAM LED is still doing its thing...
  2. Is anyone able to help me with this?
  3. Best answer
    Mate, I just had the same described issue with 4x2GB 1600HMz GSkills.

I was convinced it was the RAM, readying up some details/pics/screenshots to send back for RMA... and then I found this thread and that fixed it for me:
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688
  4. Thank you for this! I will give it a try when I'm off work.

I just got off the horn with ASUS and they think the DRAM slots might be bad so they are issuing a RMA and giving me a brand new motherboard. I'm a little confused buy this because they didn't ask any questions about my issue. They just read the help ticket I submitted and asked if I wanted a replacement. Oh well I guess. A new mobo is a new mobo...
  5. Haha win win, can't complain about a new board =)

Yea my PC would BSOD within 2 mins with 4 sticks until I followed the above post (namely step 5). Last night I could run my pc for ~8 hours no problems including 4 hours of prime95... which previously would have INSTANTLY failed .
  6. Best answer selected by zombiemoses.
  7. Sorry to revive a dead thread but that link doesn't work and i just had the same problem on thew same motherboard, can anyone tell em what they did?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus DRAM Computer LED Monitor Motherboards