Laptops with square screens?

wistful

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Hello, the time has come to replace my beloved laptop. I prefer a smaller size 13 inch. Since I mostly use it for word documents I prefer the older squarer shaped screens but they seemed to have disappeared much to my chagrin. I found a Toshiba T545 which has that shape but it is a Core 2 Duo
and only has 160GB. Is this going to be a big sacrifice for someone who does not use it for gaming or watching movies?

prodigy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008

Square screens... I guess, technically, for document reading you'd want a "Thinscreen" as opposed to the widescreeen, as most documents are 8 1/2 x 11 :lol: I gave it a go and didn't come up with many that resembled square screens. What resolution do you run on the current laptop? That's what I would search for I suppose, as most 13" come ~1300x760.

wistful

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for your replies. My current laptop is an 8 1/2 year old Sony Vaio if you can believe it! It had a docking station which I put somewhere and the hard-drive part is pretty slim. Anyways, I was glad that I invested in the top of the line in 2002 so I am a bit apprehensive of buying an earlier model now.