System Idle and CPU usage %

Status
Not open for further replies.

hourb12

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Hi guys, in task manager, it shows 99 under system idle and CPU usage will not drop below 15%, actually fluctuates from 15 to 22%. Something is not right about these numbers, but nothing funky shows up on a Malwarebytes scan and the Hijack this log is okay, any suggestions. Would like to have the cpu usage down 1 to 3% at idle.
Thanks

Solution
I'll request some information too.
What's your current operating system?
Processor?

The system idle process thing is normal. The CPU can't just stop doing anything, so it creates a process to keep itself occupied. Its usage varies depending on how much 'idle' processing capacity your processor has available. This process itself doesn't have much of any load associated with it, though.

Anything sticking out in the task manager besides the idle process, in regards to reported usage?

zergesys

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
I'll request some information too.
What's your current operating system?
Processor?

The system idle process thing is normal. The CPU can't just stop doing anything, so it creates a process to keep itself occupied. Its usage varies depending on how much 'idle' processing capacity your processor has available. This process itself doesn't have much of any load associated with it, though.

Anything sticking out in the task manager besides the idle process, in regards to reported usage?

Solution

hourb12

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

I am running XP home Edition SP3, AMD Sempron 3400+, the only process that sticks out is hpsysdrv.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.