Sign in with
Your question
Closed

System Idle and CPU usage %

Last response: in CPUs
December 23, 2010 12:48:02 AM

Hi guys, in task manager, it shows 99 under system idle and CPU usage will not drop below 15%, actually fluctuates from 15 to 22%. Something is not right about these numbers, but nothing funky shows up on a Malwarebytes scan and the Hijack this log is okay, any suggestions. Would like to have the cpu usage down 1 to 3% at idle.
Thanks

More about : system idle cpu usage

December 23, 2010 1:10:13 AM

How many processes are running, and what anti virus are you using ..???? :) 
Score
December 23, 2010 1:23:04 AM

I am running 29 processes and using Avast anti-virus.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 23, 2010 1:34:25 AM

I'll request some information too.
What's your current operating system?
Processor?

The system idle process thing is normal. The CPU can't just stop doing anything, so it creates a process to keep itself occupied. Its usage varies depending on how much 'idle' processing capacity your processor has available. This process itself doesn't have much of any load associated with it, though.

Anything sticking out in the task manager besides the idle process, in regards to reported usage?
December 23, 2010 1:51:08 AM

zergesys said:
I'll request some information too.
What's your current operating system?
Processor?

The system idle process thing is normal. The CPU can't just stop doing anything, so it creates a process to keep itself occupied. Its usage varies depending on how much 'idle' processing capacity your processor has available. This process itself doesn't have much of any load associated with it, though.

Anything sticking out in the task manager besides the idle process, in regards to reported usage?

I am running XP home Edition SP3, AMD Sempron 3400+, the only process that sticks out is hpsysdrv.exe
Score
December 28, 2010 10:41:04 AM

Best answer selected by hourb12.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2010 8:29:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!