Asus z68 series performance

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
:sol: :hello: hello any one used z68 series boards from asus i heard that these boards are good at overclocking and great at performance basically i am fan of asus boards cause its overcloking ability,please give me ur reviews about these boards i am planing to upgrade my pc to a workstation pc budget no bar just tell me if any one used these boards with 2nd gen core processors,i am planing to buy core i7 2600k thanx in advance :wahoo:

Solution
There are loads of review online for the Asus Z68 boards and others.

You may want to check out other brands as well, but if you're sold on Asus, you should be just fine.
Workstation = Intel Xeon/AMD Opteron + ECC RAM {$200+ & more}
Consumer = Intel Sandy Bridge + unbuffered non-ECC RAM

ASUS Z68's are fine for OC, but only certain models e.g. ASUS P8Z68-V PRO and above. There's a correlation to higher Phases yielding lower CPU vCore. There are reasons for a $200~$300+ MOBOs! ;)

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

thanks bro but i am not using that workstation as server it is meant for 3d rendering and HD video editing i am graphic designer and media editor by profession so i hope u can understand.

I don't care to argue with you what a Workstation 'is' but a Workstation is as I described - period.

I and WIKI seem to have the same definitions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workstation#Workstation_class_PCs

3D Rendering is slow in comparison to a 'Pro' GPU in that OpenGL acceleration. So using consumer: CPU, GPU, etc will both be slower and yield an inferior product. If you're in classes and the final product quality isn't critical then sure on your OC Consumer PC I still recommend a Pro GPU.

Every Graphic Designer knows this already ;) I strongly encourage you to do a lot more research prior to purchasing.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Here nothing to argue, I Know what a Workstation PC,and what i am asking is any one tried this processor as workstation processor instead of Xeon based is it clear to you Respected Sir,and 2nd one we already bought a workstation gpu from NVIDIA so i think there should be no yielding and last one the processor is xeon based when we build the rig,and here in this thread what i am asking is i7 2600k processor performance with asus z68 boards :sol:
Is this clear to everybody, sorry for my bad English :D

TRENDING THREADS