Your question
Solved

EVGA gtx275 & gts250 SLI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2010 3:34:46 AM

Hey guys. I have a question that's probably kinda dumb, but I have 2 cards:

EVGA GTX 275 FTW
EVGA GTS 250

I don't really know what SLI is other than that you plug 2 cards together with the SLI bridge and can get better performance. But I don't know if the cards need to be the same. I've never seen anything about SLI in my system. Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch.

More about : evga gtx275 gts250 sli

August 16, 2010 3:37:22 AM

the two cards need to be the same to SLI

Best solution

a c 168 Î Nvidia
August 16, 2010 3:42:18 AM

You can't SLi the two cards you've got for starters so forget that idea, to SLi both cards must be the same GPU and for a couple of cards the amount of RAM must be the same but that only affects two cards that I can think of (GTS250 and 7800GTX) and you will also need to have a motherboard that supports SLi, there are tales floating around of hacks to make any board with two PCIe slots SLi capable but I've never seen any myself in the flesh as it were so I cannot confirm or deny such things exist.
Related resources
August 16, 2010 3:45:26 AM

Best answer selected by doneddie7.
August 16, 2010 3:50:35 AM

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up for me guys. I was just trying to figure it out because I'd been having some weird problems playing SCii. The screen would flicker, or blink a little, and when it came back to the screen, units and buildings were black. In extreme cases, the screen would blink and actually black out the whole screen and the only way to make it go back would be to alt+tab out and back into the window. I know my card has plenty of juice to run the game, and I've never had the problem before. Obviously, I'm getting off topic, but do any of these symptoms sound familiar??
!