Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2011 11:44:26 AM

I purchased one of these motherboards about four months ago. I have been having problems, it's been off more than it's been on. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. I have put in new power supplies, changed cases all to no avail. The damn thing will not turn on unless it wants to. And yes there is thermal paste on the CPU. This ain't my first rodeo. I'm also getting tired of having to short out the ATX connector for he motherboard to come on. In fact yesterday even that didn't work. I'm curious if there was anyone else having this problem with this motherboard?

More about : gigabyte 880gm ud2h

a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2011 10:45:43 PM

Tried with some other PSU?
m
l
August 19, 2011 11:41:03 PM

Yes, and I tried the jumper from the green to black wire. I think I'm just gonna have to bite the gas pump and drive the 25 miles to return it to CompUsa.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2011 11:42:27 PM

Few things for you to try, if the Bios chip on the board is in a socket, try pushing it with your little finger in the centre.
Sometimes if it has slipped out it causes the computer not to boot.

Have you also checked that none of the back side solder points of the board are not touching the back plate where its is mounted in the case, a short can do this, Ie a miss placed stand off where the board does not need one but has been left in.
m
l
!