Sign in with
Your question

Setup issue with 6850

Last response: in Components
December 23, 2010 5:40:40 PM

Ok i had an okay setup allready and everything was going fine today i got a new asus 6850 , plugged it all in right started it up got no display so i went in to check if i had the cords fully plugged in, saw the 6pin power connector for the video card wasnt fully in so i pressed it tightly in , stupid of me i had the computer on when i did it.. now the computer is getting power for half a second to Blink the front light and fans start and stop instantly , had this issue before but.. ended up replacing a few parts since.. Curious if anyone knows a fix for this.. or an idea of the issue

More about : setup issue 6850

December 23, 2010 8:56:34 PM

First of all, do you have a good enough power supply?

Sounds strange. Remove the round BIOS battery, wait two seconds and put it in again. Then try to start it.

If it doesnt work, you should try the gpu in another computer or try anothery gpu in urs. Post results
m
l
December 23, 2010 11:06:51 PM

Quote:
turn the pc off at the wall then hit the power button.
leave for 30 seconds and turn back on at the wall. now try turning the pc on...

if nothing happens. power it off at the case. turn on the monitor and wait for no signal. now hit the power on the pc and turn it on.

keep an eye on the monitors led. if it turns itself into standby imediatly the cpu has died. or you fried the motherboard.

if the monitor takes the normal amount of time to go into standby the gfx card is dead.

saying as you never said you hear any beeps or what if any the motherboard led is showing i cant be any more specific.

Ok So yes there is a green led on in the case on the motherboard , so assuming its not fried , will progress with your steps now and get back
m
l
Related resources
December 23, 2010 11:20:25 PM

Quote:
turn the pc off at the wall then hit the power button.
leave for 30 seconds and turn back on at the wall. now try turning the pc on...

if nothing happens. power it off at the case. turn on the monitor and wait for no signal. now hit the power on the pc and turn it on.

keep an eye on the monitors led. if it turns itself into standby imediatly the cpu has died. or you fried the motherboard.

if the monitor takes the normal amount of time to go into standby the gfx card is dead.

saying as you never said you hear any beeps or what if any the motherboard led is showing i cant be any more specific.

Tested the first , no deal flashed and didnt start up , second time did what you said but it didnt even go to No signal just kept switching Digital Hdmi Etc.. , Assuming that happend and the motherboard light is on then neither are fried and just a stupid mistake i made

Gonna see about getting a picture of it
m
l
December 23, 2010 11:43:52 PM

boldor said:
First of all, do you have a good enough power supply?

Sounds strange. Remove the round BIOS battery, wait two seconds and put it in again. Then try to start it.

If it doesnt work, you should try the gpu in another computer or try anothery gpu in urs. Post results

Didnt work , And not sure about that i mean.. my old video card 4650 worked just fine , and the voltage is fine i believe.. its 650 watts and i only needed like 500 ish for the video card together with my system
m
l
December 24, 2010 6:18:54 PM

have u tried another gpu in ur computer/ ur gpu in another computer? it can be a faulty graphics card/mobo or smth
m
l
!