Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can using an ATi GPU with a 9500GT void the warranty of any compoents?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 16, 2010 12:55:38 PM

Hello!
Yesterday I took my old 9500GT out of my old PC and it sad to see it just standing on my desk not rendering anything and I was wondering if installing it has PhysX card with my 5770 (Via old nVidia drivers (that's the correct (most legal) way to do it right?). Would void any of the components warranty. Any help would really be appreciated.
Also if any moderators see this I'm trying not to break any rules and I have no clue if this is an "illegal" activity if yes I will delete this thread.
a c 196 U Graphics card
August 16, 2010 1:00:10 PM

I believe the new nVidia drivers added support for PhysX cards with Ati cards back in. It wont void anything in any case, the cards warranty wont be voided unless it gets physically damaged or you kill it with a poorly cracked BIOS.

Its totally legal to combine cards in anyway you want, and installing your 9500GT as a phsyX card with your 5770 shouldnt cause you any issues.
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 1:03:16 PM

hunter315 said:
I believe the new nVidia drivers added support for PhysX cards with Ati cards back in. It wont void anything in any case, the cards warranty wont be voided unless it gets physically damaged or you kill it with a poorly cracked BIOS.

Its totally legal to combine cards in anyway you want, and installing your 9500GT as a phsyX card with your 5770 shouldnt cause you any issues.

Thanks! Glad to know I can do something with it.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 16, 2010 1:06:00 PM

hunter315 said:
I believe the new nVidia drivers added support for PhysX cards with Ati cards back in. It wont void anything in any case, the cards warranty wont be voided unless it gets physically damaged or you kill it with a poorly cracked BIOS.

Its totally legal to combine cards in anyway you want, and installing your 9500GT as a phsyX card with your 5770 shouldnt cause you any issues.

Is using one of those hacks things still make it legal cause I can't seem to find the new drivers aiding PhysX support with ATi GPUs.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 271 U Graphics card
August 16, 2010 1:29:12 PM

Userremoved said:
Is using one of those hacks things still make it legal cause I can't seem to find the new drivers aiding PhysX support with ATi GPUs.

The "hacked" drivers are not illegal in the same sense that a hacked OS or game is as they are not "sold" at any stage and any one can download them from various sites for free, what I would warn you about though is the possibility of some malicious git adding something to those hacked drivers in an attempt to take advantage of ATi users who want something that their cards GPU maker thinks that they don't.
Share
August 16, 2010 1:35:02 PM

Mousemonkey said:
The "hacked" drivers are not illegal in the same sense that a hacked OS or game is as they are not "sold" at any stage and any one can download them from various sites for free, what I would warn you about though is the possibility of some malicious git adding something to those hacked drivers in an attempt to take advantage of ATi users who want something that their cards GPU maker thinks that they don't.

So should I just use the older drivers?
m
0
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 16, 2010 1:39:22 PM

Userremoved said:
So should I just use the older drivers?

The only problem with that thought though is that some newer titles may have issues on the older drivers.
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 1:48:37 PM

Mousemonkey said:
No idea mate, I have never had the need to try such things as I'm only using Nvidia cards.

Oh ok seems to work for a lot of people thanks!
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 1:49:03 PM

Best answer selected by Userremoved.
m
0
l
!