Can using an ATi GPU with a 9500GT void the warranty of any compoents?

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hello!
Yesterday I took my old 9500GT out of my old PC and it sad to see it just standing on my desk not rendering anything and I was wondering if installing it has PhysX card with my 5770 (Via old nVidia drivers (that's the correct (most legal) way to do it right?). Would void any of the components warranty. Any help would really be appreciated.
Also if any moderators see this I'm trying not to break any rules and I have no clue if this is an "illegal" activity if yes I will delete this thread.

Solution

The "hacked" drivers are not illegal in the same sense that a hacked OS or game is as they are not "sold" at any stage and any one can download them from various sites for free, what I would warn you about though is the possibility of some malicious git adding something to those hacked drivers in an attempt to take advantage of ATi users who want something that their cards GPU maker thinks that they don't.
I believe the new nVidia drivers added support for PhysX cards with Ati cards back in. It wont void anything in any case, the cards warranty wont be voided unless it gets physically damaged or you kill it with a poorly cracked BIOS.

Its totally legal to combine cards in anyway you want, and installing your 9500GT as a phsyX card with your 5770 shouldnt cause you any issues.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Thanks! Glad to know I can do something with it.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Is using one of those hacks things still make it legal cause I can't seem to find the new drivers aiding PhysX support with ATi GPUs.

The "hacked" drivers are not illegal in the same sense that a hacked OS or game is as they are not "sold" at any stage and any one can download them from various sites for free, what I would warn you about though is the possibility of some malicious git adding something to those hacked drivers in an attempt to take advantage of ATi users who want something that their cards GPU maker thinks that they don't.

Solution

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

So should I just use the older drivers?

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Ok so do you think this "hack" would be any good: http://physxinfo.com/news/942/hybrid-physx-mod-1-02-195-xx-drivers-and-win-xp-support/