Antec 1200/ motherboard questions

G

I am going to have my buddy help me build a computer but he said i have to pick out the components first.

Is the antec twelve hundred capable of fitting 4 ati/nvidia cards for future expansion?

witch of these motherboards are better? and wich of them can support 4 ati or nividia cards?
ASUS LGA 1366 - Intel X58 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard Rampage III Extreme
ASUS P6X58D Premium - LGA 1366 - X58 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s - ATX Motherboard

Thanks for the help. :)

What application do you have that you think 4 graphics cards is a realistic expansion path?
Adding additional weaker cards gives diminishing returns if you are thinking crossfire/SLI and gaming.
If you are looking at running 8+ monitors <4 cards might make sense> then what applications are you doing that with, how many monitors and what resolutions?

The crosshair is an "AM3" motherboard, which means it is for AMD CPUs, not intel.

For the best SLI motherboards I would go with EVGA instead of ASUS, if the price isnt much different.

G

i will be using ubuntu with the userfull desktop multiplier 5 computer set up so me and 4 others can game at the same time.

Runescape is a brower game. Doesnt require much GPU at all. A pair of weak GPUs with 2 monitors each could physically handle the load if ubuntu will work that way. I dont know enough about ubuntu to be of much help with that, though.