Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

UT2K4 Patch Changelist

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 11:57:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Salutations!

Many of you have probably seen this already from other sources, but if
Usenet is your primary/sole information source here is the current
changelist for the upcoming UT2K4 patch originally posted on the Atari
messageboards

(http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&...)

Thoughts on the expected changes?

-s-


****
****

========================================================================
Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 1 Release notes.
========================================================================

This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers
and clients of any flavor can connect with each other.
This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files,
except to update settings as necessary.

Here is the full change list:

Onslaught related:
- Teams will now swap sides after each Onslaught round by default.
This is configurable in the game settings menu.
- Fixed flying Leviathan exploit where Leviathan can be based on
another vehicle.
- Fixed Leviathan pushing exploits by limiting the Leviathans max
speed.
- Fixed Tank pushing exploits by limiting max speed unless falling.
- Node location names show up correctly in network games.
- Fixed terrains with a negative scale not showing PowerNodes.
- RadarMap can no longer be moved off-screen using the HUD
configuration menu.
- Fixed possibility of ion cannon volume in ONS-Severance killing
someone entering it without giving them warnings first
- Fixed bots getting stuck next to a vehicle because they didn't think
they were close enough to enter

Invasion related:
- Fixed Invasion ammo not replenishing at end of wave
- Fixed Invasion's ScoreKill() not notifying GameRules when monster
kills a player

General Game play:
- fixed which anim is played during sniper zoom (removes log warnings)
- fixed redeemer reticle being affected by HUD opacity setting
- fixed skaarj playing taunt anims
- make sure no wrap around on multikill numbers
- call takefallingdamage() on wall dodge to prevent it being used as
an exploit for avoiding damage on long falls
(can still use wall dodging anywhere you could before, you just take
damage if you are falling too fast).
- fixed miscellaneous game code log spam.
- UTClassic Rocket fix for delay before can fire again after loading
up 6 rockets

Single Player:
- added profile fix to unlock chars (where due) for "old" profiles

Map and Kick Voting:
- Fixed incorrect map voting gameconfig at startup
- Reenabled map, kick voting.
- Removed Voting filter combos on server filters page.
- Added "None" selection in the map voting web admin config.
- Edit only 1 line at a time in map voting web admin config.
- Cleaned up/ fixed map voting menus
- DefaultMapListLoader loads prefixes from GameConfig settings by
default.
- Added UseMapList property to PlayInfo
- Disabled the MapListLoaderType PlayInfo property
(disables MapListConfigPage - makes it simpler to configure)
- Fixed wrong map types showing for default selected game type in
voting
menu. Only happens if GameConfg.GameClass is not set with the same
case.
- Implemented exec ShowVoteMenu
- Map voting defaults to ONLY server startup gametype and maps if not
configured. (Auto-detect configuration)
- Added extra check for invalid gametype/maps votes.
- Sort maps in MC ListBox on map voting page by name by default
- Changed to descending sort order in vote count MC ListBox

Menus
- Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to
sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
- Fixed correctly displaying VOIP key bindings in control config menu.
- allow mouse sensitivity settings as low as 0.25 in menus
- made blue player text brighter in server browser player list box

Demo Recording
- Demo->AVI menu uses proper resolution settings
- Fixed auto demo recording
- fixed DIVx demo movies being recorded at too high a frame rate

Networking Related
- Fixed bug in UT2K4NetworkStatusMsg causing incorrect status message
to be displayed
- Don't display join/leave messages for standard voice channels
- Listen servers pinged last?
- Security updates
- Server browser news page now supports clickable hyperlinks.
- If master server doesn't respond, still pings official servers
- Fixed projectiles don't have dynamic light on clients connected to
dedicated servers
- give client correct kick message when kicked for idling
- improved and enabled speedhack detection
- send message to client warning about speed hack detection
- servers won't send more than 8 packets out to client before getting
a response (DOS attack blunting)
- fixed netmode conditions for preloading player skins
- improved character skin precaching speed (less unnecessary skin
precaching)

Server Admin Related
- Optimized webadmin initialization, noticable improvement in the time
between map changes (if webadmin enabled)
- Fixed interface-related bug in gametype drop down
- In the Defaults - Map page, fixed bug with adding/removing multiple
maps at the same time
- Webadmin no longer overwrites custom URL parmeters that have been
manually added to maplist entries
- Fixed webadmin bots page layout & accessed nones
- Fixed bugs in SortedStringArray sorting (affects bots / admins /
groups pages in webadmin)
- New map & mutator packages no longer require server restart to
appear in webadmin mutator/map lists.
- fixed webadmin and menu idle kick time range
- added MaxTimeMargin, MinTimeMargin, TimeMarginSlack configurable
properties for tweaking speedhack detection to [Engin.LevelInfo]
section of UT2004.ini
- admins don't get kicked for idling
- To prevent DDOS attacks by UT2004 servers against subnets, added
LimitConnPerIPRangePerMinute property to [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver].
- pkg_official packages can be downloaded, and guid must be matched
for them
- Added bKickLiveIdlers to [Engine.LevelInfo]. If set true, players
with pawns can also be kicked for idling.

Mod Author Related
- Impersonator support integrated (see http://www.oc3ent.com/home.htm
for details). Provides support lip synching to spoken phrases, with
UnrealEd integration.
Tools and examples to come soon!
- Reorganized placement of webadmin functions to be more linear,
easier to follow
- Added more comments to webadmin code
- Fixed crash in BatchExport commandlet when attempting to export .uc
for packages which contain purely native classes
- Properties marked as 'noexport' will no longer be ignored when
batchexporting .uc's
- Added Vehicle.Bulldog to CacheManager default packages
(cacheexempt), and marked Bulldog cache exempt so that it isn't
exported to .ucl file
- Fixed bug in classname matching which caused two classes that began
with the same name (such as ClassBase & ClassBaseDerived) to be
interpreted as the same class
- Automatically export to .ucl file when package is compiled.
- Automatically export to .ucl file when map is saved.
- Custom webadmin skins no longer required to provide every .inc file
that webadmin uses
- Webadmin now searches main /ServerAdmin directory for .inc & .htm
files that cannot be found in skin path
- GUIController now correctly cleans up custom styles that use the
same keyname as default styles
- if .upl files exist in mod directory, ignores the .upl files in the
system directory.
- INT files no longer have to be in UT2004\System\.
- UCC no longer gives an error when using -mod= switch with 'dumpint'
and 'exportcache'.
- Can specify a Paths= for music (.ogg) and karma data (.ka) files, so
they can be included in the mod's directory structure.
- Config variables properly save to UT2004\ModName\System\Whatever.ini
instead of UT2004\System\Whatever.ini.
- No longer get "ERROR: Could not open whatever.u for reading!" in
UT2004.log for mod packages.
- Gracefully handle lack of tooltips in mod menus.
- fixed USoundExporterWAV to not try to export procedural sounds and
sound groups
- Added AddToPackageMap() native function to Actor. This function adds
PackageName to the packagemap (as if it was in GameEngine's
ServerPackages list),
or, if omitted, adds the package of the actor it was called on. This
function is only valid during initialization (between
GameInfo::InitGame() and
GameInfo::SetInitialState()) If called outside of that window, or
anytime on a client, the function returns without doing anything.
- Fixed bAddToServerPackages mutator flag
- Mutator config menus:
-Fixed handling of arrays
-Support for advanced and multiplayer only options
- Fixed config class properties not being saved to .ini properly
- fixed BroadcastHandler AcceptBroadcastText() parameter
- Added IconFlashMaterial to Ammunition, to allow mod ammunition
classes to work right on HUD.

Editor:
- Fixed bug with disappearing actors after lighting rebuild

Engine/General
- fixed memory leak in caching system
- fixed crash in GUIToolTip::D raw()
- fixed bug in cache loading for crosshairs (custom crosshairs now
appear correctly in menus)
- removed temporary sanity checks in projector code and pathfinding
code (small performance improvement)
- gracefully handle negative delta time
- properly set GCurrentTime in UTV
- fixed resource induced memory leak in PixoResource
- more debugging to track down infrequent FALVoiceModule::D ecode crash
- bForceSkelUpdate no longer true by default for pawns (still true by
default for vehicles). Performance improvement (especially for
servers),
but mod authors relying on this feature may need to change the value
for their pawns.
- fixed memory leak in swiming physics code
- many spelling/grammar error fixes
- friendly error messages for file loading problems caused by
overheating or corrupt installs
- don't crash if non-Emitter has DT_Particle
- removed some VOIP log spam
- fixed installing korean version on Windows 98

Linux
- fixed CacheRecords.ucl handling on Linux
- Various client and server crash fixes

Mac
- fixed Mac clients reporting incorrect MD5s for packages and tripping
security checks.
- Make MacOS version prevent user from ejecting the game DVD while
game is running.

More about : ut2k4 patch changelist

May 2, 2004 4:18:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Steven L Cox enlightened us with:
> Thoughts on the expected changes?

Lots of changes, looks very nice!

> - Security updates

I'm curious about this. What do you guys guess, is this going to prevent
the aimbot(s) available?

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 4:18:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On 02 May 2004 12:18:18 GMT, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>Steven L Cox enlightened us with:
>> Thoughts on the expected changes?
>
>Lots of changes, looks very nice!

Overall, looks very good I'll agree. Probably the first thing that
jumped out at me was the botfix for when they get confused around
vehicles. Don't know how many times I've witnessed a bot "stuck"
around the door of an unused hellbender. I like some Instant Action
to warm up before matches but its frustrating when my helpers can't
seem to figure out the intricacies of car doors :) 

I'm ambivalent about the tank-push "exploit" being corrected. Yeah,
you can hurry along a tank with a scorpion, but the speedboost isn't
that great (its faster than the tank's normal speed, but not quite a
scorpion's max speed) and the trick IMO pays for itself. If you're
willing to tie up the resources of 1 player and 1 vehicle to push a
tank 30% faster... eh, I just don't see this being a problem. My
friends and I do this trick when goofing off but never use it in
serious play, we'd rather get the scorpion to its destination first
for "harassment fire" and let the tank come in on its own.

Can't speak for the leviathan speedboost or the "carrying" exploit,
haven't performed or even seen these yet. I'd imagine if they were a
big deal I would've seen it by now altho the latter sounds scary.

>> - Security updates
>
>I'm curious about this. What do you guys guess, is this going to prevent
>the aimbot(s) available?

I *think* I've encountered 1 aimbotter, it doesn't seem like that much
of a problem IME. If I'm encountering them more often its not having
a big impact on the game, my team wins more often than not and I don't
"feel" like I'm being superhumanly sniped in most games. Maybe we'd
win even more if aimbotting was stomped out :)  Either way, improved
security to keep the currently-negligable problem from growing is a
good thing.

-s-
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 2, 2004 5:37:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

I know the ones that played UT2003 already understand why the 100 shield
stacks but the 50 shield doesn't (something about a belt)
I am still unsure when I pick up a 50 shield whether I will get any points
for it or not.
It looks to me like it can add some damage back after you pick up a second
shield but I have no way of knowing when the 50 shield can help or not.
I wish if it took damage on its own I wish there was some way of knowing
when it can be repaired.



"Steven L Cox" <stevencox56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:s9o990do05ou6kh2ajgofnsc121ha3gcb7@4ax.com...
> Salutations!
>
> Many of you have probably seen this already from other sources, but if
> Usenet is your primary/sole information source here is the current
> changelist for the upcoming UT2K4 patch originally posted on the Atari
> messageboards
>
> (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&...)
>
> Thoughts on the expected changes?
>
> -s-
>
>
> ****
> ****
>
> ========================================================================
> Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 1 Release notes.
> ========================================================================
>
> This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers
> and clients of any flavor can connect with each other.
> This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files,
> except to update settings as necessary.
>
> Here is the full change list:
>
> Onslaught related:
> - Teams will now swap sides after each Onslaught round by default.
> This is configurable in the game settings menu.
> - Fixed flying Leviathan exploit where Leviathan can be based on
> another vehicle.
> - Fixed Leviathan pushing exploits by limiting the Leviathans max
> speed.
> - Fixed Tank pushing exploits by limiting max speed unless falling.
> - Node location names show up correctly in network games.
> - Fixed terrains with a negative scale not showing PowerNodes.
> - RadarMap can no longer be moved off-screen using the HUD
> configuration menu.
> - Fixed possibility of ion cannon volume in ONS-Severance killing
> someone entering it without giving them warnings first
> - Fixed bots getting stuck next to a vehicle because they didn't think
> they were close enough to enter
>
> Invasion related:
> - Fixed Invasion ammo not replenishing at end of wave
> - Fixed Invasion's ScoreKill() not notifying GameRules when monster
> kills a player
>
> General Game play:
> - fixed which anim is played during sniper zoom (removes log warnings)
> - fixed redeemer reticle being affected by HUD opacity setting
> - fixed skaarj playing taunt anims
> - make sure no wrap around on multikill numbers
> - call takefallingdamage() on wall dodge to prevent it being used as
> an exploit for avoiding damage on long falls
> (can still use wall dodging anywhere you could before, you just take
> damage if you are falling too fast).
> - fixed miscellaneous game code log spam.
> - UTClassic Rocket fix for delay before can fire again after loading
> up 6 rockets
>
> Single Player:
> - added profile fix to unlock chars (where due) for "old" profiles
>
> Map and Kick Voting:
> - Fixed incorrect map voting gameconfig at startup
> - Reenabled map, kick voting.
> - Removed Voting filter combos on server filters page.
> - Added "None" selection in the map voting web admin config.
> - Edit only 1 line at a time in map voting web admin config.
> - Cleaned up/ fixed map voting menus
> - DefaultMapListLoader loads prefixes from GameConfig settings by
> default.
> - Added UseMapList property to PlayInfo
> - Disabled the MapListLoaderType PlayInfo property
> (disables MapListConfigPage - makes it simpler to configure)
> - Fixed wrong map types showing for default selected game type in
> voting
> menu. Only happens if GameConfg.GameClass is not set with the same
> case.
> - Implemented exec ShowVoteMenu
> - Map voting defaults to ONLY server startup gametype and maps if not
> configured. (Auto-detect configuration)
> - Added extra check for invalid gametype/maps votes.
> - Sort maps in MC ListBox on map voting page by name by default
> - Changed to descending sort order in vote count MC ListBox
>
> Menus
> - Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to
> sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
> - Fixed correctly displaying VOIP key bindings in control config menu.
> - allow mouse sensitivity settings as low as 0.25 in menus
> - made blue player text brighter in server browser player list box
>
> Demo Recording
> - Demo->AVI menu uses proper resolution settings
> - Fixed auto demo recording
> - fixed DIVx demo movies being recorded at too high a frame rate
>
> Networking Related
> - Fixed bug in UT2K4NetworkStatusMsg causing incorrect status message
> to be displayed
> - Don't display join/leave messages for standard voice channels
> - Listen servers pinged last?
> - Security updates
> - Server browser news page now supports clickable hyperlinks.
> - If master server doesn't respond, still pings official servers
> - Fixed projectiles don't have dynamic light on clients connected to
> dedicated servers
> - give client correct kick message when kicked for idling
> - improved and enabled speedhack detection
> - send message to client warning about speed hack detection
> - servers won't send more than 8 packets out to client before getting
> a response (DOS attack blunting)
> - fixed netmode conditions for preloading player skins
> - improved character skin precaching speed (less unnecessary skin
> precaching)
>
> Server Admin Related
> - Optimized webadmin initialization, noticable improvement in the time
> between map changes (if webadmin enabled)
> - Fixed interface-related bug in gametype drop down
> - In the Defaults - Map page, fixed bug with adding/removing multiple
> maps at the same time
> - Webadmin no longer overwrites custom URL parmeters that have been
> manually added to maplist entries
> - Fixed webadmin bots page layout & accessed nones
> - Fixed bugs in SortedStringArray sorting (affects bots / admins /
> groups pages in webadmin)
> - New map & mutator packages no longer require server restart to
> appear in webadmin mutator/map lists.
> - fixed webadmin and menu idle kick time range
> - added MaxTimeMargin, MinTimeMargin, TimeMarginSlack configurable
> properties for tweaking speedhack detection to [Engin.LevelInfo]
> section of UT2004.ini
> - admins don't get kicked for idling
> - To prevent DDOS attacks by UT2004 servers against subnets, added
> LimitConnPerIPRangePerMinute property to [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver].
> - pkg_official packages can be downloaded, and guid must be matched
> for them
> - Added bKickLiveIdlers to [Engine.LevelInfo]. If set true, players
> with pawns can also be kicked for idling.
>
> Mod Author Related
> - Impersonator support integrated (see http://www.oc3ent.com/home.htm
> for details). Provides support lip synching to spoken phrases, with
> UnrealEd integration.
> Tools and examples to come soon!
> - Reorganized placement of webadmin functions to be more linear,
> easier to follow
> - Added more comments to webadmin code
> - Fixed crash in BatchExport commandlet when attempting to export .uc
> for packages which contain purely native classes
> - Properties marked as 'noexport' will no longer be ignored when
> batchexporting .uc's
> - Added Vehicle.Bulldog to CacheManager default packages
> (cacheexempt), and marked Bulldog cache exempt so that it isn't
> exported to .ucl file
> - Fixed bug in classname matching which caused two classes that began
> with the same name (such as ClassBase & ClassBaseDerived) to be
> interpreted as the same class
> - Automatically export to .ucl file when package is compiled.
> - Automatically export to .ucl file when map is saved.
> - Custom webadmin skins no longer required to provide every .inc file
> that webadmin uses
> - Webadmin now searches main /ServerAdmin directory for .inc & .htm
> files that cannot be found in skin path
> - GUIController now correctly cleans up custom styles that use the
> same keyname as default styles
> - if .upl files exist in mod directory, ignores the .upl files in the
> system directory.
> - INT files no longer have to be in UT2004\System\.
> - UCC no longer gives an error when using -mod= switch with 'dumpint'
> and 'exportcache'.
> - Can specify a Paths= for music (.ogg) and karma data (.ka) files, so
> they can be included in the mod's directory structure.
> - Config variables properly save to UT2004\ModName\System\Whatever.ini
> instead of UT2004\System\Whatever.ini.
> - No longer get "ERROR: Could not open whatever.u for reading!" in
> UT2004.log for mod packages.
> - Gracefully handle lack of tooltips in mod menus.
> - fixed USoundExporterWAV to not try to export procedural sounds and
> sound groups
> - Added AddToPackageMap() native function to Actor. This function adds
> PackageName to the packagemap (as if it was in GameEngine's
> ServerPackages list),
> or, if omitted, adds the package of the actor it was called on. This
> function is only valid during initialization (between
> GameInfo::InitGame() and
> GameInfo::SetInitialState()) If called outside of that window, or
> anytime on a client, the function returns without doing anything.
> - Fixed bAddToServerPackages mutator flag
> - Mutator config menus:
> -Fixed handling of arrays
> -Support for advanced and multiplayer only options
> - Fixed config class properties not being saved to .ini properly
> - fixed BroadcastHandler AcceptBroadcastText() parameter
> - Added IconFlashMaterial to Ammunition, to allow mod ammunition
> classes to work right on HUD.
>
> Editor:
> - Fixed bug with disappearing actors after lighting rebuild
>
> Engine/General
> - fixed memory leak in caching system
> - fixed crash in GUIToolTip::D raw()
> - fixed bug in cache loading for crosshairs (custom crosshairs now
> appear correctly in menus)
> - removed temporary sanity checks in projector code and pathfinding
> code (small performance improvement)
> - gracefully handle negative delta time
> - properly set GCurrentTime in UTV
> - fixed resource induced memory leak in PixoResource
> - more debugging to track down infrequent FALVoiceModule::D ecode crash
> - bForceSkelUpdate no longer true by default for pawns (still true by
> default for vehicles). Performance improvement (especially for
> servers),
> but mod authors relying on this feature may need to change the value
> for their pawns.
> - fixed memory leak in swiming physics code
> - many spelling/grammar error fixes
> - friendly error messages for file loading problems caused by
> overheating or corrupt installs
> - don't crash if non-Emitter has DT_Particle
> - removed some VOIP log spam
> - fixed installing korean version on Windows 98
>
> Linux
> - fixed CacheRecords.ucl handling on Linux
> - Various client and server crash fixes
>
> Mac
> - fixed Mac clients reporting incorrect MD5s for packages and tripping
> security checks.
> - Make MacOS version prevent user from ejecting the game DVD while
> game is running.
>
>
May 2, 2004 5:40:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

I wish the first map played could be random.
I wish they would add a command to change to the next map without having to
know what the name of the map is.
I wish you could shuffle the location of items.


"Steven L Cox" <stevencox56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:s9o990do05ou6kh2ajgofnsc121ha3gcb7@4ax.com...
> Salutations!
>
> Many of you have probably seen this already from other sources, but if
> Usenet is your primary/sole information source here is the current
> changelist for the upcoming UT2K4 patch originally posted on the Atari
> messageboards
>
> (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&...)
>
> Thoughts on the expected changes?
>
> -s-
>
>
> ****
> ****
>
> ========================================================================
> Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 1 Release notes.
> ========================================================================
>
> This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers
> and clients of any flavor can connect with each other.
> This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files,
> except to update settings as necessary.
>
> Here is the full change list:
>
> Onslaught related:
> - Teams will now swap sides after each Onslaught round by default.
> This is configurable in the game settings menu.
> - Fixed flying Leviathan exploit where Leviathan can be based on
> another vehicle.
> - Fixed Leviathan pushing exploits by limiting the Leviathans max
> speed.
> - Fixed Tank pushing exploits by limiting max speed unless falling.
> - Node location names show up correctly in network games.
> - Fixed terrains with a negative scale not showing PowerNodes.
> - RadarMap can no longer be moved off-screen using the HUD
> configuration menu.
> - Fixed possibility of ion cannon volume in ONS-Severance killing
> someone entering it without giving them warnings first
> - Fixed bots getting stuck next to a vehicle because they didn't think
> they were close enough to enter
>
> Invasion related:
> - Fixed Invasion ammo not replenishing at end of wave
> - Fixed Invasion's ScoreKill() not notifying GameRules when monster
> kills a player
>
> General Game play:
> - fixed which anim is played during sniper zoom (removes log warnings)
> - fixed redeemer reticle being affected by HUD opacity setting
> - fixed skaarj playing taunt anims
> - make sure no wrap around on multikill numbers
> - call takefallingdamage() on wall dodge to prevent it being used as
> an exploit for avoiding damage on long falls
> (can still use wall dodging anywhere you could before, you just take
> damage if you are falling too fast).
> - fixed miscellaneous game code log spam.
> - UTClassic Rocket fix for delay before can fire again after loading
> up 6 rockets
>
> Single Player:
> - added profile fix to unlock chars (where due) for "old" profiles
>
> Map and Kick Voting:
> - Fixed incorrect map voting gameconfig at startup
> - Reenabled map, kick voting.
> - Removed Voting filter combos on server filters page.
> - Added "None" selection in the map voting web admin config.
> - Edit only 1 line at a time in map voting web admin config.
> - Cleaned up/ fixed map voting menus
> - DefaultMapListLoader loads prefixes from GameConfig settings by
> default.
> - Added UseMapList property to PlayInfo
> - Disabled the MapListLoaderType PlayInfo property
> (disables MapListConfigPage - makes it simpler to configure)
> - Fixed wrong map types showing for default selected game type in
> voting
> menu. Only happens if GameConfg.GameClass is not set with the same
> case.
> - Implemented exec ShowVoteMenu
> - Map voting defaults to ONLY server startup gametype and maps if not
> configured. (Auto-detect configuration)
> - Added extra check for invalid gametype/maps votes.
> - Sort maps in MC ListBox on map voting page by name by default
> - Changed to descending sort order in vote count MC ListBox
>
> Menus
> - Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to
> sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
> - Fixed correctly displaying VOIP key bindings in control config menu.
> - allow mouse sensitivity settings as low as 0.25 in menus
> - made blue player text brighter in server browser player list box
>
> Demo Recording
> - Demo->AVI menu uses proper resolution settings
> - Fixed auto demo recording
> - fixed DIVx demo movies being recorded at too high a frame rate
>
> Networking Related
> - Fixed bug in UT2K4NetworkStatusMsg causing incorrect status message
> to be displayed
> - Don't display join/leave messages for standard voice channels
> - Listen servers pinged last?
> - Security updates
> - Server browser news page now supports clickable hyperlinks.
> - If master server doesn't respond, still pings official servers
> - Fixed projectiles don't have dynamic light on clients connected to
> dedicated servers
> - give client correct kick message when kicked for idling
> - improved and enabled speedhack detection
> - send message to client warning about speed hack detection
> - servers won't send more than 8 packets out to client before getting
> a response (DOS attack blunting)
> - fixed netmode conditions for preloading player skins
> - improved character skin precaching speed (less unnecessary skin
> precaching)
>
> Server Admin Related
> - Optimized webadmin initialization, noticable improvement in the time
> between map changes (if webadmin enabled)
> - Fixed interface-related bug in gametype drop down
> - In the Defaults - Map page, fixed bug with adding/removing multiple
> maps at the same time
> - Webadmin no longer overwrites custom URL parmeters that have been
> manually added to maplist entries
> - Fixed webadmin bots page layout & accessed nones
> - Fixed bugs in SortedStringArray sorting (affects bots / admins /
> groups pages in webadmin)
> - New map & mutator packages no longer require server restart to
> appear in webadmin mutator/map lists.
> - fixed webadmin and menu idle kick time range
> - added MaxTimeMargin, MinTimeMargin, TimeMarginSlack configurable
> properties for tweaking speedhack detection to [Engin.LevelInfo]
> section of UT2004.ini
> - admins don't get kicked for idling
> - To prevent DDOS attacks by UT2004 servers against subnets, added
> LimitConnPerIPRangePerMinute property to [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver].
> - pkg_official packages can be downloaded, and guid must be matched
> for them
> - Added bKickLiveIdlers to [Engine.LevelInfo]. If set true, players
> with pawns can also be kicked for idling.
>
> Mod Author Related
> - Impersonator support integrated (see http://www.oc3ent.com/home.htm
> for details). Provides support lip synching to spoken phrases, with
> UnrealEd integration.
> Tools and examples to come soon!
> - Reorganized placement of webadmin functions to be more linear,
> easier to follow
> - Added more comments to webadmin code
> - Fixed crash in BatchExport commandlet when attempting to export .uc
> for packages which contain purely native classes
> - Properties marked as 'noexport' will no longer be ignored when
> batchexporting .uc's
> - Added Vehicle.Bulldog to CacheManager default packages
> (cacheexempt), and marked Bulldog cache exempt so that it isn't
> exported to .ucl file
> - Fixed bug in classname matching which caused two classes that began
> with the same name (such as ClassBase & ClassBaseDerived) to be
> interpreted as the same class
> - Automatically export to .ucl file when package is compiled.
> - Automatically export to .ucl file when map is saved.
> - Custom webadmin skins no longer required to provide every .inc file
> that webadmin uses
> - Webadmin now searches main /ServerAdmin directory for .inc & .htm
> files that cannot be found in skin path
> - GUIController now correctly cleans up custom styles that use the
> same keyname as default styles
> - if .upl files exist in mod directory, ignores the .upl files in the
> system directory.
> - INT files no longer have to be in UT2004\System\.
> - UCC no longer gives an error when using -mod= switch with 'dumpint'
> and 'exportcache'.
> - Can specify a Paths= for music (.ogg) and karma data (.ka) files, so
> they can be included in the mod's directory structure.
> - Config variables properly save to UT2004\ModName\System\Whatever.ini
> instead of UT2004\System\Whatever.ini.
> - No longer get "ERROR: Could not open whatever.u for reading!" in
> UT2004.log for mod packages.
> - Gracefully handle lack of tooltips in mod menus.
> - fixed USoundExporterWAV to not try to export procedural sounds and
> sound groups
> - Added AddToPackageMap() native function to Actor. This function adds
> PackageName to the packagemap (as if it was in GameEngine's
> ServerPackages list),
> or, if omitted, adds the package of the actor it was called on. This
> function is only valid during initialization (between
> GameInfo::InitGame() and
> GameInfo::SetInitialState()) If called outside of that window, or
> anytime on a client, the function returns without doing anything.
> - Fixed bAddToServerPackages mutator flag
> - Mutator config menus:
> -Fixed handling of arrays
> -Support for advanced and multiplayer only options
> - Fixed config class properties not being saved to .ini properly
> - fixed BroadcastHandler AcceptBroadcastText() parameter
> - Added IconFlashMaterial to Ammunition, to allow mod ammunition
> classes to work right on HUD.
>
> Editor:
> - Fixed bug with disappearing actors after lighting rebuild
>
> Engine/General
> - fixed memory leak in caching system
> - fixed crash in GUIToolTip::D raw()
> - fixed bug in cache loading for crosshairs (custom crosshairs now
> appear correctly in menus)
> - removed temporary sanity checks in projector code and pathfinding
> code (small performance improvement)
> - gracefully handle negative delta time
> - properly set GCurrentTime in UTV
> - fixed resource induced memory leak in PixoResource
> - more debugging to track down infrequent FALVoiceModule::D ecode crash
> - bForceSkelUpdate no longer true by default for pawns (still true by
> default for vehicles). Performance improvement (especially for
> servers),
> but mod authors relying on this feature may need to change the value
> for their pawns.
> - fixed memory leak in swiming physics code
> - many spelling/grammar error fixes
> - friendly error messages for file loading problems caused by
> overheating or corrupt installs
> - don't crash if non-Emitter has DT_Particle
> - removed some VOIP log spam
> - fixed installing korean version on Windows 98
>
> Linux
> - fixed CacheRecords.ucl handling on Linux
> - Various client and server crash fixes
>
> Mac
> - fixed Mac clients reporting incorrect MD5s for packages and tripping
> security checks.
> - Make MacOS version prevent user from ejecting the game DVD while
> game is running.
>
>
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 5:48:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On 02 May 2004 12:18:18 GMT, MeltDown wrote:

> I'm curious about this. What do you guys guess, is this going to prevent
> the aimbot(s) available?
>
> MeltDown

.... when Dr Sin's somewhere in the equation?

--
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
May 2, 2004 5:59:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Steven L Cox enlightened us with:
> I *think* I've encountered 1 aimbotter, it doesn't seem like that much
> of a problem IME.

I tried an aimbot once, and it was fun for one minute. It was
terrifyingly easy, though - just put two files in your System dir and
add one line to your User.ini, and you're set. I wouldn't want too many
people to be able to use this.

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 6:15:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

yer ive got a few thoughts.. how do you do that demo > avi/divx? is that in
the retail version now or only once this patch is installed?

spag
May 2, 2004 6:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

I sure as hell hope they fix the map loading, maybe the maps will load and
perform like they did in the demo for me.

> Thoughts on the expected changes?
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 6:59:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Steven L Cox <stevencox56@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:sct990tau9lt3asjfm3v9qkaf2qi80acdv@4ax.com:

>
> Can't speak for the leviathan speedboost or the "carrying" exploit,
> haven't performed or even seen these yet. I'd imagine if they were a
> big deal I would've seen it by now altho the latter sounds scary.

You haven't seen the flying Leviathan? Screenshots and link to a video at
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&... .

-Pyrohydra
May 2, 2004 6:59:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Hmm, I first saw the Leviathan flying around in ONS-Icarus, I thought it was
a mutator and not an exploit... or is it?

> Can't speak for the leviathan speedboost or the "carrying" exploit,
> haven't performed or even seen these yet. I'd imagine if they were a
> big deal I would've seen it by now altho the latter sounds scary.
>
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 7:08:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Steven L Cox <stevencox56@hotmail.com> wrote:
>(http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&...)

Interesting, but I didn't notice any significant performance
increases, as have been rumored here. Yeah, a few memory leaks, speed
up this bit and that, but no drastic performance enhancements.

Nice, but I'm not going to be first in line for it.

--
William Smith
ComputerSmiths Consulting, Inc. www.compusmiths.com
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:20:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Sun, 2 May 2004 14:16:43 -0500, "Schism" <blah@(NO-SPAM)aforce.net>
wrote:

>I sure as hell hope they fix the map loading, maybe the maps will load and
>perform like they did in the demo for me.

Have you un-checked "precache player skins"? That is the cause for
most people's long load times.
May 2, 2004 8:20:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Yes, it helped, still doesn't load anything like the demo did though

> Have you un-checked "precache player skins"? That is the cause for
> most people's long load times.
>
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:29:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

spagnamoli wrote:

> yer ive got a few thoughts.. how do you do that demo > avi/divx? is
> that in the retail version now or only once this patch is installed?

Look unter Community | Demos and press the Create AVI File button.
You'll find the results in the UserMovies subfolder.

The resolutions settings for the movie don't quite work and it's played
back at about 200 % speed, but it works.

Oliver.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:40:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Schism" <blah@(NO-SPAM)aforce.net> wrote:
>Hmm, I first saw the Leviathan flying around in ONS-Icarus, I thought it was
>a mutator and not an exploit... or is it?

No, it's the exploit of a bug. Apparently you can load a Levi on top
of a Raptor (or is it the other way around?) and it can fly around.
Same deal with pushing it with a Scorpion and making it go faster.

--
William Smith
ComputerSmiths Consulting, Inc. www.compusmiths.com
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 11:24:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Sun, 2 May 2004 15:30:25 -0500, "Schism" <blah@(NO-SPAM)aforce.net>
wrote:


>> Have you un-checked "precache player skins"? That is the cause for
>> most people's long load times.
>>
>>Yes, it helped, still doesn't load anything like the demo did though

[bottom-posting. Its your friend.]

The demo gave us a single ONS map likely cherry-picked as being one of
the more simplistic designs as to better run on lower-end computers,
and the textures are 2-4x as detailed in the final release as I
recall. IMO its unrealistic to expect the full game to perform
exactly the same as the demo.

-s-
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 1:35:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Schism" <blah@(NO-SPAM)aforce.net> wrote in news:109amb1h4jmmg22
@corp.supernews.com:

> Yes, it helped, still doesn't load anything like the demo did
though

Well the demo textures were I think 50% the size of the retail
release so you're not going to see it that fast again. (unless you
set texture detail to low perhaps?)
May 3, 2004 1:39:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Schism enlightened us with:
> Yes, it helped, still doesn't load anything like the demo did though

Retail loads fine here, just as fast/slow as the demo. I'm using low-res
textures, though - same as on the demo. I'm also using Linux with XFS as
filesystem, which might be faster than Windows, I don't know.

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 1:39:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On 02 May 2004 21:39:13 GMT, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>Schism enlightened us with:
>> Yes, it helped, still doesn't load anything like the demo did though
>
>Retail loads fine here, just as fast/slow as the demo. I'm using low-res
>textures, though - same as on the demo. I'm also using Linux with XFS as
>filesystem, which might be faster than Windows, I don't know.
>
>MeltDown

For the record, I noticed no difference in load times between the demo
and retail version.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 1:39:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 17:57:59 -0400, Folk wrote:

>>Retail loads fine here, just as fast/slow as the demo. I'm using low-res
>>textures, though - same as on the demo. I'm also using Linux with XFS as
>>filesystem, which might be faster than Windows, I don't know.

> For the record, I noticed no difference in load times between the demo
> and retail version.

Nor do I, on Linux with the reiser filesystem.

--
If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 9:42:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Oliver J. Hanau" <ojh@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:c73139$hifuh$1@ID-35218.news.uni-berlin.de...
> spagnamoli wrote:
>
> > yer ive got a few thoughts.. how do you do that demo > avi/divx? is
> > that in the retail version now or only once this patch is installed?
>
> Look unter Community | Demos and press the Create AVI File button.
> You'll find the results in the UserMovies subfolder.
>
> The resolutions settings for the movie don't quite work and it's played
> back at about 200 % speed, but it works.
>
> Oliver.

I think you can do it with Fraps as well.
www.fraps.com IIRC
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 6:58:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

William P.N. Smith <> wrote in news:53na90t32f7kuicb9ra1rnctid2h1qefs8@
4ax.com:

> No, it's the exploit of a bug. Apparently you can load a Levi on top
> of a Raptor (or is it the other way around?) and it can fly around.
> Same deal with pushing it with a Scorpion and making it go faster.

I've also seen the Manta used. A mutator is available that blocks the
exploit. It polls all vehicles every 2 seconds to see if one is under any
Levi's and crushes any found.

A related bug is the speed exploit, in which a fast vehicle can push a slow
one (Levi or Goliath) at the faster vehicle's speed. The upcoming patch
also addresses this.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 7:04:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Kilowatt" <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in
news:wT6lc.11032$Ut1.334423@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> I wish the first map played could be random.
> I wish they would add a command to change to the next map without
> having to know what the name of the map is.
> I wish you could shuffle the location of items.

AFAIK, you can do all that with script. A lot of that kind of stuff is
scripted and fairly easy to get at.

BTW, you have all the source code to do this. Launch UnrealEd, pull up the
actor browser, and select Export All Scripts to extract all the C-like code
into text files to work on. (I'm quoting this from memory, the scripting
sites have all the details.) You can create your own admin system that
implements whatever map cycling policy you want.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 7:06:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Steven L Cox <stevencox56@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:1i0b90dmcmv86lvjus2g59up2dr25oscdk@4ax.com:

> [bottom-posting. Its your friend.]

Interleaved plus trimming. It's better than either top or bottom posting.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 9:18:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

you park the raptor as close as you can beside the leviathan and then get
out of the raptor,you then get into the drivers seat of the leviathan and
deploy it.
on deploying a metal plate extends over the raptor,and you can either exit
the leviathan whilst it is in the deployed position,or get a team mate to
fly the raptor.

damyjuk


<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
news:53na90t32f7kuicb9ra1rnctid2h1qefs8@4ax.com...
> "Schism" <blah@(NO-SPAM)aforce.net> wrote:
> >Hmm, I first saw the Leviathan flying around in ONS-Icarus, I thought it
was
> >a mutator and not an exploit... or is it?
>
> No, it's the exploit of a bug. Apparently you can load a Levi on top
> of a Raptor (or is it the other way around?) and it can fly around.
> Same deal with pushing it with a Scorpion and making it go faster.
>
> --
> William Smith
> ComputerSmiths Consulting, Inc. www.compusmiths.com
May 4, 2004 12:36:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Or I could just write my own game from scratch.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will get on it right away.

:) 

It might be easy for a programmer but I am an retard. :) 


"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94DE855946225scratchmonkey@216.196.97.136...
> "Kilowatt" <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in
> news:wT6lc.11032$Ut1.334423@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
> > I wish the first map played could be random.
> > I wish they would add a command to change to the next map without
> > having to know what the name of the map is.
> > I wish you could shuffle the location of items.
>
> AFAIK, you can do all that with script. A lot of that kind of stuff is
> scripted and fairly easy to get at.
>
> BTW, you have all the source code to do this. Launch UnrealEd, pull up the
> actor browser, and select Export All Scripts to extract all the C-like
code
> into text files to work on. (I'm quoting this from memory, the scripting
> sites have all the details.) You can create your own admin system that
> implements whatever map cycling policy you want.
May 4, 2004 2:50:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> Or I could just write my own game from scratch.

I'm doing that right now ;-)

> It might be easy for a programmer but I am an retard. :) 

Not easy for a programmer either ;-)


MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 4:12:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

I'm having an odd issue that I didn't experience in UT2003, or the
UT2004 demo. I have custom crosshairs set, using Circle1 at 1.25, with
the default colour for each weapon. These crosshairs show up as expected
in the menus, but in-game all crosshairs show up as a tiny white Cross1.
If I disable custom crosshairs, I get Circle1 at 1.25, as I have that
set as default.

I've tried renaming my user.ini and starting the game, to get UT to
re-generate the file with default settings. Custom crosshairs are shown
normally in-game and in the menus until I try to make changes to any of
them, at which point the 'tiny cross' replaces all custom crosshairs.
I'm curious as to whether this is the problem detailed in the patch
change log.

Steven L Cox wrote:
> Menus
> - Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to
> sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 11:55:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Tue, 04 May 2004 12:12:48 -0700, Dekaritae <maur@mdi.ca> wrote:

>I'm having an odd issue that I didn't experience in UT2003, or the
>UT2004 demo. I have custom crosshairs set, using Circle1 at 1.25, with
>the default colour for each weapon. These crosshairs show up as expected
>in the menus, but in-game all crosshairs show up as a tiny white Cross1.
>If I disable custom crosshairs, I get Circle1 at 1.25, as I have that
>set as default.
>
>I've tried renaming my user.ini and starting the game, to get UT to
>re-generate the file with default settings. Custom crosshairs are shown
>normally in-game and in the menus until I try to make changes to any of
>them, at which point the 'tiny cross' replaces all custom crosshairs.
>I'm curious as to whether this is the problem detailed in the patch
>change log.

Probably. Some unlucky people have lost their crosshairs entirely
when trying to customize. It happened to me, but I fumbled around
somehow and got them back.

>Steven L Cox wrote:
>> Menus
>> - Fixed weapon custom crosshair menu problems, whiched caused you to
>> sometimes lose crosshairs entirely.
>
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 5:25:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Kilowatt" <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in news:T2ylc.15476$Ut1.464348
@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> Or I could just write my own game from scratch.
> Thanks for the suggestion. I will get on it right away.

It's not as bad as it sounds. Lots of people learn to script, and UT is
designed to allow you to write what's different between what you have and
what you want, "inheriting" stuff that's already there. For example, you
could write your own kind of web server, inheriting from the web server
that's built into the game to do all the existing stuff.

Of course, there are easy things and hard things to code. For example, I
could write a web app pretty quickly that displayed almost any data the
server already has. But I want one that displays some data fetched from the
master server (I want a buddy list tracker) and I don't see a clean way to
make the built-in web server wait for the master server's reply.
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 3:48:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Folk wrote:
>
> Probably. Some unlucky people have lost their crosshairs entirely
> when trying to customize. It happened to me, but I fumbled around
> somehow and got them back.
>

I've figured out what might cause the 'disappearing crosshair' problem;
some mods call UCC to generate cache records when they are installed,
and this apparently will overwrite CacheRecords.ucl, removing some or
all of the crosshair resources (when it happened to me, I was left with
'Circle3', 'Circle4', 'Circle5' and 'Hidden').

http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/CacheRecords.ucl.uz2

Download this file, save it to your UT2004/System/ folder, and run 'UCC
decompress CacheRecords.ucl.uz2'. That restores all the cache records to
their defaults. Though, I still haven't figured out why custom
crosshairs always show up as a tiny 'Cross1' for me.
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 5:03:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Sun, 09 May 2004 23:48:00 -0700, Dekaritae <maur@mdi.ca> wrote:

>Folk wrote:
>>
>> Probably. Some unlucky people have lost their crosshairs entirely
>> when trying to customize. It happened to me, but I fumbled around
>> somehow and got them back.
>>
>
>I've figured out what might cause the 'disappearing crosshair' problem;
>some mods call UCC to generate cache records when they are installed,
>and this apparently will overwrite CacheRecords.ucl, removing some or
>all of the crosshair resources (when it happened to me, I was left with
>'Circle3', 'Circle4', 'Circle5' and 'Hidden').
>
>http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/CacheRecords.ucl.uz2
>
>Download this file, save it to your UT2004/System/ folder, and run 'UCC
>decompress CacheRecords.ucl.uz2'. That restores all the cache records to
>their defaults. Though, I still haven't figured out why custom
>crosshairs always show up as a tiny 'Cross1' for me.

Epic is including a fix in the patch, so I figure I'll just wait for
that.
!