Networking Peer To Peer With Internet

Hi all
i wonder if you could give me an idea of how to complete this problem i have
at the moment

I have a small peer to peer xp network with a server (XP Professional)
machine.
Originally it had the following internet / network setup

A speedtouch modem (adsl but with ethernet out)
Ip Address of modem is 10.0.0.2

This was plugged in to a belkin 4 port router / gateway to distribute the
internet to the machine and had another uplink to another belkin 4 port
switch

it issued a 192.168.x.x network address

I have recently had to recable to add new laser printer (ip print server )
and add dot matrix with print server ports. this ment removing the belkin
router and using a 24 port switch.

I am having difficulties of using either the existing setup or getting the
win xp machine to provide ics to the clients.

I have tried pluggin in the router in to an uplink switch of netgear switch
and then just have the internet modem plugged in to the router but get the
dhcp issued from the router but no internet activity

I also tried to add a second network card to the win xp (server) machine and
plug the modem in directly...

but not too sure how to get this working..

should it just be as simple as setting the ip address on the server as
192.168.7.10
255.255.255.0
and the gateway
to 10.0.0.2
and removing the belkin router out of the question and then maybe add a dhcp
client on to the win xp pro machine..

or do the same thing but just plug the modem in to the switch...

can ppl suggest the best way of getting round this / setting this up.. .as i
am struggling..

many thanks for any suggestion

Nick

Put it all back the way it was without 24 port switch. When you get it
working again then just plug the 24 port switch into dsl router and more
clients into 24 port switch. Leave dsl router as DHCP server.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]