Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Diagnostic code "A0"?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 20, 2011 2:48:05 AM

using an ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION and I get the diagnostic code "A0" which is not in the manual.

Will someone tell me what it means?

More about : diagnostic code

August 22, 2011 5:19:47 PM

Turns out "A0" is a drive error. Since I was breadboarding the mobo, no drives were connected and the result was this code.

Dear Asus: please update your manuals to include the description of all diagnostic codes.
Score

Best solution

August 22, 2011 7:33:20 PM

IIRC, 'A0' actually means that control has been handed over to the boot device... I've seen this when I had the GP Diag card connected. So it *technically* isn't an error. I do agree that Asus should document these codes, but I think they need to get that info from AMI.
Related resources
August 22, 2011 8:44:43 PM

I stand corrected. Thanks for the fix :) 
Score
March 6, 2012 9:23:49 PM

Quote:
IIRC, 'A0' actually means that control has been handed over to the boot device... I've seen this when I had the GP Diag card connected. So it *technically* isn't an error. I do agree that Asus should document these codes, but I think they need to get that info from AMI.

Hi i am new to the forums please help, Iam also getting this AO Postcode on my asus P8Z68 Deluxe mobo, sems i only got it after updating the bios with the latest Asus bios update, are you saying ignore this AO postcode as its nothing to worry about?
Regards
Paul.
Score
March 6, 2012 10:00:12 PM

In my case, I was bread boarding the system without the HDD connected. The 'A0' just showed that no boot device was detected.
Score
March 6, 2012 10:18:01 PM

vollman1 said:
In my case, I was bread boarding the system without the HDD connected. The 'A0' just showed that no boot device was detected.

Thanks Vollman1

My computer working okbut don't understand this AO postcode, is it an error code or nothing to worry about?
Score
March 6, 2012 10:46:46 PM

I have a different mobo, but I don't think that you need to worry about it.

If you want to be absolutely sure, give the Asus customer service guys a call. That's what I ended up doing just to be sure.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 9, 2012 8:17:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!