Sign in with
Your question

Looking for feedback on new X-fi Titanium HD USB

Last response: in Components
December 24, 2010 3:21:37 AM

Looks like I may be getting this little guy for Christmas and am currently running onboard sound.

I'm hoping I can get some feedback from anyone that has got this and has had good or bad experiences with it. If its not that great I'll probably just return it without opening it.

I do like how it has a front headphone amp as i'd be using my Beyerdynamic dt770pro headphones with it. How is the sound compared to onboard for gaming/music. How does it compare to other x-fi pci cards in terms of sound quality for music and games?

Any feedback I can get would be most appreciated

Link to Sound Card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004275EO4/ref=s9_simh...

More about : feedback titanium usb

January 21, 2011 2:11:01 AM

zubba said:
Looks like I may be getting this little guy for Christmas and am currently running onboard sound.

I'm hoping I can get some feedback from anyone that has got this and has had good or bad experiences with it. If its not that great I'll probably just return it without opening it.

I do like how it has a front headphone amp as i'd be using my Beyerdynamic dt770pro headphones with it. How is the sound compared to onboard for gaming/music. How does it compare to other x-fi pci cards in terms of sound quality for music and games?

Any feedback I can get would be most appreciated

Link to Sound Card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004275EO4/ref=s9_simh...

Awesome card for the money i just got it 2 weeks ago and the saounds is much better than the fatality edition, worth every penny, drivers are still bloated but has lots of options too
January 21, 2011 2:34:16 AM

I had this card for about a week now and i am very pleased with the sound quality and dynamic range that brings to compressed formats, the bass is tight, clean and accurate the highs are pristine and sharp, mids are clean and alive i've been noticing a lot of "new" sounds that apparently where being baffled by bad sound processing, games are pretty good too the positioning is very accurate with headphones using the thx processing mode, i can heard a sweet reverb from metal pipes falling in dead space as well as how ambient sound accurately changes according to the type of materials (metal, hallways, sticky floors) when they contact you via radio sounds identical as if you where hearing it from inside the helmet

The one thing i really like like about this card is the option of swapping the opamps to tweak your sound imaging but for now im really loving the actual sound right out the box! Overall this is a sweet high quality card, for some time i thought creative was about to loose it but this is a nice comeback, some ppl might not like the fact that u have to use the rca outputs but thats really the way its ment to be in most audiophile cards, this ensures signal integrity as well as noise isolation over the standard headphone plug, also the rca outputs offer the highest signal to noise ratio in this baby although the differnce is not much.

Honestly i have not tried any kind of movies yet but im sure i wont be dissapointed, i mainly do music and games and if you really want to make this baby shine i suggest you get your hands on some music in flac format and let it sing :) 
!