Video Card Upgrade

Hi all,

i am relatively new here but i browse alot due to the fact that i work at a tech support company which handles a big brand (cant say what brand that is). i was just wondering if you have any suggestions on what to upgrade to in relation to video cards.

Here is my computer's current specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
Core 2 duo E6750 2.66 not oced
MSI SLI P6n V2
2 x 2gig DDR2 PC 667
2 x 500gig hard drive
Inno3d GF7300 GT 512mb 128b tv out
Coolmaster Centurion 5 casing
Coolmaster 450w Real Power

Im planning to buy a HD monitor so i want to upgrade my video card to a HD video card as well.
Reading on the net when you want an upgrade to your video you want to upgrade your PSU as well.

So my questions are:
Im choosing over Inno3D GTX460 1gb ddr5 256b hdmi or PC HD5670 1gb ddr5 128bit hdmi?
Or should I get an SLI because i will be playing a lot of games as well such a SC2, mw2, bad company, GOW, Halo. can not do crossfire due to the mobo is only for sli.
Do i really need to upgrade my PSU to a higher watt when uprading to those video cards? as well as SLI?
What monitor should you think i should get? not too expensive i hope. :)

FYI i am from the Philippines so my options are limited for the video cards bec not all gpus are sold here.

Thanks for the replies.
4 answers Last reply
More about video card upgrade
  1. If you want SLI yes you will have to upgrade the power supply.
  2. im leaning towards this Inno3D 9800GT 1gb ddr2 128bit /hdmi for my SLi cards, are these good video cards?
  3. You want to SLI two 9800GTs? I don't think I would do that on a Cooler Master 450w PSU.
  4. 1. Get a better PSU, it's fine if you want to use Cooler Master, but get a higher Wattage, or buy a good brand PSU like Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Seasonic, SilverStone with 500W minimum.
    2. GTX460 is a good option, but not with 9800GT DDR2 (crap), stay with GTX460.
    3. No need to SLI, get a single powerful card and you'll good to play games.
    4. If you can, OC your CPU a little bit, that should help a lot.
    5. Any HD monitor (23" or 24") are good enough, like SAMSUNG or LG.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics