i am relatively new here but i browse alot due to the fact that i work at a tech support company which handles a big brand (cant say what brand that is). i was just wondering if you have any suggestions on what to upgrade to in relation to video cards.
Here is my computer's current specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
Core 2 duo E6750 2.66 not oced
MSI SLI P6n V2
2 x 2gig DDR2 PC 667
2 x 500gig hard drive
Inno3d GF7300 GT 512mb 128b tv out
Coolmaster Centurion 5 casing
Coolmaster 450w Real Power
Im planning to buy a HD monitor so i want to upgrade my video card to a HD video card as well.
Reading on the net when you want an upgrade to your video you want to upgrade your PSU as well.
So my questions are:
Im choosing over Inno3D GTX460 1gb ddr5 256b hdmi or PC HD5670 1gb ddr5 128bit hdmi?
Or should I get an SLI because i will be playing a lot of games as well such a SC2, mw2, bad company, GOW, Halo. can not do crossfire due to the mobo is only for sli.
Do i really need to upgrade my PSU to a higher watt when uprading to those video cards? as well as SLI?
What monitor should you think i should get? not too expensive i hope.
FYI i am from the Philippines so my options are limited for the video cards bec not all gpus are sold here.
1. Get a better PSU, it's fine if you want to use Cooler Master, but get a higher Wattage, or buy a good brand PSU like Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Seasonic, SilverStone with 500W minimum.
2. GTX460 is a good option, but not with 9800GT DDR2 (crap), stay with GTX460.
3. No need to SLI, get a single powerful card and you'll good to play games.
4. If you can, OC your CPU a little bit, that should help a lot.
5. Any HD monitor (23" or 24") are good enough, like SAMSUNG or LG.