Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Heatsink for i7 950

Last response: in CPUs
December 24, 2010 5:07:38 AM

Ok everyone says grab the V8 coolermaster but that thing is just bulky as hell lol. I got a i7 950 and Im really worried that my temps will be high in the summer(it gets about 85-90 F before the air conditionor will get kicked on.) Now with temps in the house right now at 70F and doing a prime95 test will get me 75c(max) on 1 core(other cores are lower temp's) Im thinking of grabbing another heatsink. Anyone got any good suggestions besides the V8 for a i7 950 processor? Im going to check out the temps when summer comes but just so I got a backup plan can someone recommend a really good heatsink?

Im getting some high temps in games is which i use my computer for. Some games will raise my CPU temps to the lower 60c range which I think is high right? This sucks that I have to wait 6 months to test the summer heat on this computer. I hate waiting.

I got the CoolerMaster HAF 932 case by the way. I know I can fit the V8 in the case but I just want to see some other models or brands that can be recommended.

More about : heatsink 950

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 24, 2010 5:25:11 AM

Arctic Freezer Pro or the Cooler Master Hyper, both for $30-40, and not as large as the V8. I use the first myself and my temps never go above 70 C, and I have a moderately overclocked i7 870
December 24, 2010 1:43:59 PM

yeah i wont be overclocking at all. ok thx I will write those down and keep those in mind This CPU trips me out on how hot it gets
December 31, 2010 1:02:55 AM

Best answer selected by mrkeith.
!