New gtx460..

So i just got my new gaming rig set up. all i do is watch videos in HD and play wow on it, but my gtx 460 cuts out randomly sometimes. when im watching/playing something full screen (23" moniter, accures more when in full 1080p hd) the game/video stops, my screen goes completely black. and i get a message saying that the nvideo gtx460 driver failed and recovered.. this is extremely anoying sometimes. it can happen every 3 seconds to every hour. i have reinstalled the drivers twice and have put the video card in a different slot and it hasnt helped..
13 answers Last reply
More about gtx460
  1. Post your full system specs,(with your OS), also do you have the latest VGA drivers installed ?
  2. - Windows 7 pro (64)
    - AMD phenom II x4 945 processor 3.00ghz
    - 4 gb ddr3
    - GIGABYTE GV-N460D5-768I-B GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    - 1TB 7200 RPM hdd
    - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

and i do not have the latest vga drivers.
  3. ^
    So, it's time to try the latest driver for your card... :)
  4. Right^ install the latest drivers and tell us the results
  5. installed latest drivers once again, and it didnt fix the problem..
  6. Try doing a clean install of your drivers(forgot to mention),here is how
    1_Download driver sweeper (from guru3d.com)
    2_Go to control panel and uninstall your current driver
    3_Reboot and go to safemode and open driver sweeper and click on Nvidia,then choose clean
    4_Boot normally and Install the latest driver again.
  7. Did the steps above, and it didnt help. comes up with the same message: nvidia display drivers stop responding and recovered.
  8. Then do the steps again with different driver (older)...
  9. Have you tried disabling Windows Aero too ?
  10. One suggestion:
    Remove all drivers and install ONLY the original drivers which came on the disk with the card.

Let's take it on from there...
  11. tried to do it again wit hthe safe mode.. didnt work. and just played wow with the disk driver and it still did it..
  12. disabled windows aero, helped abit but it happened again.
  13. Try lowering the clocks to stock on the graphic card and see if that helps the stability, use afterburner.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia World Of Warcraft Video Graphics