AMD Hex core Stock Cooler is "CRAP"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Anyway, i recent borght a AMD Phemon II x6 1075T Cpu, for a monster computer. I did install the stock cooler at first... :( Cant even run at very low FPS game at lowest setting(L4d2, TF2, BFBC2), If you view my old thead, i did have a problem in computer stable.... but after i buy H50, it run without a problem. :eek:

NOW, my problem is is is....
Why Amd stock cooler is that crap, cant even run a game with it. I heard alot about you can use stock cooler, but it not good for OC. I mean this cooler is a piece of junk that i don't even want to touch it."(No offence, AMD :D )

I do understand that is a stockcooler, you can't really expect anything out of it. But at least it should let me run a game ( even if it suck).

I didn't come here to fight, just saiding how bad AMD cooler is. :pt1cable:

Sorry for my VERY VERY bad English.

L00k forward to you guy's answer. :love:

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

I know i sit it properly, it can run simple stuff like surf the web, but when it come to gaming it will freeze in few min. :D

When i switch it to H50, it run without a problem...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
What temperatures do you actually get?

I would certainly say you have done something wrong, as no one else gets that problem. probably haven't installed it correctly, or have badly applied TIM.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

with stock cooler install : idle 32, Full load 60- up ( dont want to go too far )
H50 :idle 25, Full load 40

I use AS5 as TIM, which is not bad TIM.

PS: All i trying to said is that AMD Stock Cooler is bad, i dont have a problem, just try to pointing that out.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Its certainly not a good cooler, but it IS capable of sustaining the system at stock clocks under any load.

Its most likely you have used too much or too little TIM. Also of note is that AS5 has a cure time, so won't be fully efficient for some time.
Airflow in the case could also be a part of the issue. I'm not trying to say the stock cooler is awesome, just that its not gonna cause a system to fail unless something else is wrong.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

I think you are right, because when i open my stock cooler to replace with my H50, some TIM went to the side and i cleaned it and install the H50. I forgot to said there was a game were running fine with stock cooler. It Men of war: Assualt Sqad.

or it might only be mine have problem.

Break in time doesn't matter, because when i run it after 2 week it still freeze. And right after i install my H50, It didn't freeze.

Ps: I did resit my cpu and i am just trying to discuss AMD stock cooler, but from you guy review sound to me that i am the one having problem

No offence if i said anything that Hurtfull to some of you. :wahoo:

Hey I had the stock 1090T cooler and it was fine - similar temps but I changed it for a better unit.

32 to 60 isn't bad but during Summer here the ambient rises ... pushing the load temps too high when gaming for long periods.

I er ... also overclocked it a bit ... adding to my temp woes.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

What happen to mine is.. or I think is when is reach to above 60, it auto shut down the whole cpu, so it freeze my computer. One reason i also think is that after it freeze, i have to wait like 1 min to do the restart or it will just turn on and shut itself back down. :eek: I can run L4d2 and other game, but only about 5-15 min before it freeze.... :(

So i think it only special to me, that also tell US one thing. If it happen once, it will happen again.
I think there was alot of people who have problem like it, but they didn't brother to ask me or I am too lazy to find me. :pt1cable:

Make sure your cabling inside the case is neat and tidy so the air can move through the case and out easily ... are the case fans working well and moving the air though?

Your graphics card could also be overheating causing the freeze - might not be the cpu.

Also, run cleandisk, defrag, and a registry cleaning program to tidy up the OS a bit.

When gaming shutdown torrent programs and anything else running in the background - some AV programs have a "gaming" mode to minimise their effect on the cpu too.

When it freezes is it the screen artifacting or do you get a BSOD ... if so, what is the error code on the BSOD?

Often I reinstall the graphics driver as a first IA when I get a BSOD ... it's often the device driver that is the likely culprit.

Hope this helps.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Also it helps to choose your system case wisely.Some cases do not have a lot of airflow and their space is constrained.I chose a very big mid tower case case with large cooling fans.Some cases have less or smaller fans with lesser airflow.

In addition I have a computer room selected in my house that is air conditioned (for warmer weather seasons).Back in the old days when mainframes dominated and there were no microcomputers or PC's these rooms filled with mainframes were all air conditioned as the machines put out a lot of heat.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

Nope, when it freeze it just went unresponse but the music still going. :) Anyway, thank for the advice but i already fix my problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS