Sign in with
Your question

Issue with 5730 driver update

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2010 7:13:58 PM

I have a new Dell XPS 1647 with the ATI 5730 GPU.

I game so I wanted to update the old Dell driver so I uninstalled the old driver and ran driver cleaner in safe mode. I installed the new ccc from ATI, that installed, but it says I do not have an ATI driver installed, I have retried it a few times and nothing. How do I get the driver to install?

Does the ATI driver come in the catalyst control center or is it separate, what am I doing wrong here?
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2010 7:18:33 PM

You will need this: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php (though it has no support for the 5730 as of now)

ATI lets OEMs locks out drivers for the Mobility cards, so if the above option doesnt work, try looking for updated drivers from dell.
August 16, 2010 7:23:48 PM

I tried that and it did not work, thank you though, I was afraid someone was gonna say that I was stuck with the old dell driver
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2010 7:26:23 PM

harly2 said:
I tried that and it did not work, thank you though, I was afraid someone was gonna say that I was stuck with the old dell driver

Though does CCC finish installing? Does it simply refuse to start?
August 16, 2010 7:29:09 PM

no it finishes and when I right click and try and go to it ccc a popup tells me I do not have an ati driver installed.
August 16, 2010 8:05:59 PM

i did it and have a performance gain. thanks
!