Help with End Boss!!!

Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2004 6:52:29 AM

I got through the single player game without losing (with the exception of a
few first runs in assault). I never figured there would be such a huge jump
in difficulty in the last boss though. He is royally kicking my ass. He
always manages to have full shield and most weapons so when he sees me, he
comes at me with rockets blazing and jumping around like crazy until he's
close enough, then he just whips out the flak cannon and kills me with a
single shot close range (or he always managed to nail me with sec fire for
massive damage).

Can anyone give me any tips on beating him? His accuracy is insane. He's
even juggled me in the air with the rocket launcher before. I have the
difficulty set to experienced but I never expected him to be this hard. Xan
in the first UT wasn't this hard.

Sean

More about : end boss

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 8:16:13 PM

"Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me any tips on beating him? His accuracy is insane. He's
> even juggled me in the air with the rocket launcher before. I have the
> difficulty set to experienced but I never expected him to be this hard.
Xan
> in the first UT wasn't this hard.
>
> Sean

Setup in the long hallway with the shield powerup and the mini health vials.
Grab the shield and the vials when they pop. He will come for you and or
looking
for that shield. Fight from a distance w minigun. He seems easier early on
and this is the time to
get a 2-3 point lead then hide outside... LOL
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 9:15:32 PM

"LeeLoo" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> "Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> > Can anyone give me any tips on beating him? His accuracy is insane.
He's
> > even juggled me in the air with the rocket launcher before. I have the
> > difficulty set to experienced but I never expected him to be this hard.
> Xan
> > in the first UT wasn't this hard.
> >
> > Sean
> >

> Setup in the long hallway with the shield powerup and the mini health
vials.
> Grab the shield and the vials when they pop. He will come for you and or
> looking
> for that shield. Fight from a distance w minigun. He seems easier early on
> and this is the time to
> get a 2-3 point lead then hide outside... LOL

Yep! I ran outside and hid like a girl. The end score was something like
5-1. Damn stupid facing the guy inside. He instantly switches to the most
appropriate weapon for close and distance fighting. Made me thing about my
slack approach. As for the difficulty hike... oh yeah!

Good luck.
May 4, 2004 11:15:20 PM

Dam6 wrote:

> Yep! I ran outside and hid like a girl. The end score was something
> like 5-1. Damn stupid facing the guy inside. He instantly switches
> to the most appropriate weapon for close and distance fighting. Made
> me thing about my slack approach. As for the difficulty hike... oh
> yeah!

Where did you hide? I went out one of the back doors, dropped down onto
a small ledge and tucked myself under the lip at the door mouth. Malc
showed me the way - I hit him with the shock from the top outside and he
fell down there.

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/

"LeeLoo" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
| "Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
| > Can anyone give me any tips on beating him? His accuracy is insane.
He's
| > even juggled me in the air with the rocket launcher before. I have
the
| > difficulty set to experienced but I never expected him to be this
hard.
| Xan
| > in the first UT wasn't this hard.
| >
| > Sean
| >

| Setup in the long hallway with the shield powerup and the mini health
vials.
| Grab the shield and the vials when they pop. He will come for you and
or
| looking
| for that shield. Fight from a distance w minigun. He seems easier
early on
| and this is the time to
| get a 2-3 point lead then hide outside... LOL

I fought him head to head there and beat him like a n00b. I think he got
me once.
He always goes for the power ups so just make sure to get them first and
wait by the Mega Shield he will come to you every time.
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 5:42:33 PM

"Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message

> "LeeLoo" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> | "Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> | > Can anyone give me any tips on beating him? His accuracy is insane.
> He's
> | > even juggled me in the air with the rocket launcher before. I have
> the
> | > difficulty set to experienced but I never expected him to be this
> hard.
> | Xan
> | > in the first UT wasn't this hard.
> | >
> | > Sean
> | >

> | Setup in the long hallway with the shield powerup and the mini health
> vials.
> | Grab the shield and the vials when they pop. He will come for you and
> or
> | looking
> | for that shield. Fight from a distance w minigun. He seems easier
> early on
> | and this is the time to
> | get a 2-3 point lead then hide outside... LOL
> |

> I fought him head to head there and beat him like a n00b. I think he got
> me once.
> He always goes for the power ups so just make sure to get them first and
> wait by the Mega Shield he will come to you every time.

I love you!
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 6:23:09 PM

"Dam6" <noone@once.com> wrote in message news:<d249$40b733ba$51909002$21256@nf3.news-service-com>...
> "Mike M" <Mike@NotSPAM.snowsummit.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "LeeLoo" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> > | "Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> He's
> the
> hard.
> Xan

> > | Setup in the long hallway with the shield powerup and the mini health
> vials.
> > | Grab the shield and the vials when they pop. He will come for you and
> or
> > | looking
> > | for that shield. Fight from a distance w minigun. He seems easier
> early on
> > | and this is the time to
> > | get a 2-3 point lead then hide outside... LOL
> > |

> > I fought him head to head there and beat him like a n00b. I think he got
> > me once.
> > He always goes for the power ups so just make sure to get them first and
> > wait by the Mega Shield he will come to you every time.
> >
> I love you!

Exactly the same tactics as GOTY then... :)  I whooped him like a n00b
too... he did manage to kill me 3 times though (I missed the mega
shield once coz I thought I'd go for a wander :)
!