Printer shows offline must delete and add printer to print

nwetzel

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
The printer is an HP 9050 network printer, every time I go to print it shows to be offline. I have to delete the printer & re-add it. We are using Windows 7 & office 2010 on Dell Latitude E6410

Can you ping the printer? Or more correctly, can you access the printer using the IP you gave it? If you can ping the IP does not mean that it's the printer repying, could be a coputer or any other device. How is it networked? Has it worked before? Does it work for others? How is it shared out?

nwetzel

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
It's a networked printer with a static IP. If you delete the printer & re-add it you can print until you shut the computer down. Turn it on the next day & it shows offline again. I have another person reporting the same issue but with 3 different printers, all networked & static IP's. They can be installed by IP but that's not the way we want it done.

Is it happening on all the computers that print to that printer, or one? Does it show the "Use Printer Offline" option? When installing it directly by a new IP port to the printer this works with no issues? If yes it pretty much points to the server share as the issue, especially since this is happening with 3 other printers.

Is it on a server share? Try different drivers for it? Update the firmware on the printer?