Closed

Upgrading hp psu

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 24, 2010 7:11:07 PM

Hello im looking to upgrade my 250w psu in my hp p6120f to a 400w-500w psu. From everything that i have read so far i have seen that new hp's are made to work with most atx psu...and also that they have different video power connectors. I am just confused and new to the world of upgrading. the size of the current psu in my system is depth- 4" height 2.5" and a width of 5". any suggestions? i would like to get something that would work for it right out of the box.(would be nice) thanks for the help : )

More about : upgrading psu

December 24, 2010 7:13:13 PM

cpunoob87 said:
Hello im looking to upgrade my 250w psu in my hp p6120f to a 400w-500w psu. From everything that i have read so far i have seen that new hp's are made to work with most atx psu...and also that they have different video power connectors. I am just confused and new to the world of upgrading. the size of the current psu in my system is depth- 4" height 2.5" and a width of 5". any suggestions? i would like to get something that would work for it right out of the box.(would be nice) thanks for the help : )

it says it has a 20 pin atx -4 pin fdd - 4 pin molex - 4pinp4 - 12v 4 pin hp vedio power
thanks again
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 24, 2010 8:17:21 PM

that will fit a standard atx psu. i have the same case (though with a compaq logo on the front). ive put in a few different psus in its time. however, the only thing is that since the case actually uses btx, the label on most psus wont be visible, but otherwise it doesnt matter.
am i right that the psu is a lite-on ps-5251-?
Related resources
January 1, 2011 5:05:56 AM

Best answer selected by cpunoob87.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 1, 2011 8:14:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!