BSOD When Running "Turbo Mode" on Asus P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard

hollick

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hey Guys,

I just built my new rig about a week and a half ago. When I enter BIOS and change my performance from moderate to turbo, I will get a BSOD on Counter-Strike Source or Team Fortress 2, after about 20 minutes to 45 minutes of game play. (I haven't really played any other games for extended periods of time to notice yet)

When I reboot and enter BIOS, I notice that the CPU is sitting still at a cool 37-41*C.

Here are my system specs:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard
GSKILL Sniper Series 8GB PC3-14900 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB)
Intel Core™ i5-2500K Processor, 3.30GHz w/ 6MB Cache
Corsair HX 650W Modular Power Supply
HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, Dual DisplayPort
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler

The CPU, and CPU Cooler were all mounted by the retailer (Memory Express)

I haven't noticed any BSOD if I run it on normal settings.

My concern is that if it can't handle "Turbo" on the BIOS menu, how will I be able to overclock manually? Is my PSU enough volts? Faulty memory maybe?

I have already updated BIOS to the most current version as well off of Asus's website.

I am pretty limited on knowledge as to what could be causing the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight provided.

hollick

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
UPDATE* I spoke to Memory Express on site technical support. They said that the BIOS overclock is very unreliable and is in it's infancy. Blue screens are common when activating this feature.

He recommended leaving it on the optimized default setting and overclocking manually, if at all.

inertius

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

I call BS at Tech support.. 650W is very low for what you running mate and you havent even told us what else you are powering.. 650 is very borderline for what u running at the moment and when you overclock you needing even more..