Sign in with
Your question

Cosmos S for Watercooling???

Last response: in Components
December 24, 2010 11:43:28 PM

Hey guys, I am stuck like many others on what case I should choose for a watercooling extreme setup.

I am willing to spend about $200 not including shipping and tax, and it needs to fit a 360 rad up top, and OPTIONALLY another 240 if possible.

I was looking at the CM cosmos S 1100 case and it meets all of my requirements. The one DAMN flaw is the interior. I prefer a black sleek interior but the cosmos has a terrible color interior. If you guys have any suggestions as to a good case that fits all the requirements listed above AND a black interior that would be great!

-Thanks

More about : cosmos watercooling

a c 694 ) Power supply
December 26, 2010 12:41:28 PM

Seeing your new post this might be late, have you considered the HAF932 or HAF X.
m
l
December 26, 2010 2:44:14 PM

@ Dadiggle No I do not already have a liquid cooling setup. I was on the verge of buying the parts, but then I realized my old case doesn't really have the space for a 360 rad.

@ Rolli59 yes I have considered the Haf X in particular. It has all the features I want, but 1) Ive heard that mounting a 360 rad is quite tough, let alone another 200mm fan uptop. 2) In my opinion, it looks ugly, but thats just my opinion, other then that it has everything. The reason I didn't buy it right away was because, if I don't like look of the case, every day when I wake up I will see my computer and think, "I need to buy a diff case D:"
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2010 3:04:54 PM

I did, but it just looks like a light show to me, doesn't seem to have many features. Where do u mount the 360 rad in the 1200?
m
l
December 26, 2010 3:07:20 PM

A90 is too much plastic, I looked at it and it doesn't seem to sturdy, plus I need a full tower case. The a90 doesn't look to sleek if you know what I mean, unlike the cosmos S which overall has a nice posh finish.
m
l
December 26, 2010 3:25:43 PM

Thanks a bunch Dadiggle, that Cosmos S case in the link looked sick.

Sorry to put another burden on you, but could you recommend a high volt fan controller that can possibly hold more than 1 fan on each controller, because maybe then I could connect all 3 rad fans to one control so they can all be syncrhonized :D ?
m
l
January 1, 2011 11:10:26 PM

Best answer selected by ComputAni.
m
l
January 2, 2011 2:16:49 AM

ComputANI said:
Thanks a bunch Dadiggle, that Cosmos S case in the link looked sick.

Sorry to put another burden on you, but could you recommend a high volt fan controller that can possibly hold more than 1 fan on each controller, because maybe then I could connect all 3 rad fans to one control so they can all be syncrhonized :D ?

I have the Cosmos S (It's a badass case, you would love it! Room for just about anything!) and the fan controller I use is the AeroCool Touch2000, takes up two 5.25 bays and has has connections for up to 4 fans, or with a splitter you can run more. Newegg doesn't seem to have it, but I had ordered mine from Amazon anyways...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BFSLM6/ref=oss_pro... ...and it looks like it was discontinued?
Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it works pretty well.
m
l
!