August 17, 2010 1:48:28 AM

i got pentium e5400 @ 3ghz 4bg ram
last month i just bought my hd 5770...
does this rig bottleneck each other?
which one?
how bad?
could u give me percentage?
August 17, 2010 1:53:51 AM

Cant tell you just by looking at specs because it depends what you are doing and what resolution you are running at. Record what your FPS is at your current settings, then to see what the CPU limited FPS on a game is lower all graphics settings except particles and physics to lowest, find out what your FPS is. If the FPS doesnt change at all then your CPU is bottle necking your graphics card, but normally the GPU is the limiting factor but as long as you are still getting over about 40-60FPS then it doesnt really matter.
m
l
August 17, 2010 2:20:40 AM

hunter315 said:
Cant tell you just by looking at specs because it depends what you are doing and what resolution you are running at. Record what your FPS is at your current settings, then to see what the CPU limited FPS on a game is lower all graphics settings except particles and physics to lowest, find out what your FPS is. If the FPS doesnt change at all then your CPU is bottle necking your graphics card, but normally the GPU is the limiting factor but as long as you are still getting over about 40-60FPS then it doesnt really matter.

i think u r right..
my brother got phenom n 5750 n got better fps on battlefield 2, we both play @1080
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2010 2:26:56 AM

could u suggest me better upgade?
only cpu upgrade or whole system (pros,mb.ddr)
i don't think i have much money left...and i live in indonesia
thanks.....
m
l
August 17, 2010 3:31:10 AM

First check to see if its a CPU bottle neck, if it is and this is not a prebuilt system then you can get a decent air cooler and OC your CPU a bit to relieve that bottleneck and boost performance.
m
l
August 17, 2010 4:04:02 AM

yes there is you need to overclock this is simply from experience
you will see a huge difference after you hit 3.6 GHZ
ive done this after an overclock of 960 core 13xx mem
I saw huge jumps in frames @ 3.6ghz with a 5300 should be no different in your case
they get smaller anything above 3.6 ghz but it doesnt hurt thats for sure!!
m
l
!