Closed Solved

Need help building or buying computer for $800

Hello ladies and gents. As you can see from the thread I need help building or buying a compuetr for $800. The reason I say building or buying is simply because I need a great deal of memory, and I wanted to know what would give me more bang for my buck. I am using this comp for video editing. This will in turn be uploaded onto youtube in regards for my company. Now, any suggestion on brand name or part prices would be a great help.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need building buying computer
  1. RAM

I suppose that's a start... if RAM is your biggest concern find the fastest out there... This is DDR31600 @ 6-8-6-24

I don't do a ton of video editing, but I'm pretty sure if it fast for gaming, it'll do just as well with video editing.
  2. Hi el_matador23,

You should google it (: One of the first links is pretty good: http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recommendations+for+Video+Editing/0x4aebb06ba071d2b6a2cd784ce243a6c6.aspx

Basically:
    - CPU with as many cores as possible (doesn't have to be super high frequency, just multiple cores)
    - Graphics card that has lost of dedicated memory, 2GB or more, possible a NVIDIA Quadro (doesn't need to be super powerful, just alot of memory so there are some affordable Quadros).
    - If you will be editing long video files get a bunch of large hard drives, 1 or 2TB in RAID0 so your loading times aren't too long, but that might start to cost if you get a decent RAID controller and all.

Hope that helps,

Google is your friend...
  3. Best answer
  4. mosox said:

*The only thing I have used is Final Cut Express for Mac
  5. Thanks brotha
  6. Ok, you don't use CUDA or anything GPU accelerated.
  7. gefthebest said:
    Hi el_matador23,

You should google it (: One of the first links is pretty good: http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recommendations+for+Video+Editing/0x4aebb06ba071d2b6a2cd784ce243a6c6.aspx

Basically:
    - CPU with as many cores as possible (doesn't have to be super high frequency, just multiple cores)
    - Graphics card that has lost of dedicated memory, 2GB or more, possible a NVIDIA Quadro (doesn't need to be super powerful, just alot of memory so there are some affordable Quadros).
    - If you will be editing long video files get a bunch of large hard drives, 1 or 2TB in RAID0 so your loading times aren't too long, but that might start to cost if you get a decent RAID controller and all.

Hope that helps,

Google is your friend...

Helpful advice and website. Appreciate it.
  8. Best answer selected by el_matador23.
  9. Thanks mosox, just one more things. Where can I find a maual for puting this together?
  10. Google it, or look around the Tom's site. There are MANY guides out there that detail all the fine points of building.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Product