Foxconn A9DA-S has a series of long beeps during post

vampet6

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Reposting this from the Foxconn motherboard section because I need an answer quick so I can RMA it if necessary.

Hello, my name is Deric and I'm building a computer. This is my first time building a computer and I'm having problems when trying to post. First for the specs of my build: I used a Foxconn A9DA-S AM3 AMD motherboard, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W PSU, G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333, and a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz CPU.

So I turn on the power on my computer with everything plugged into the motherboard. The CPU and PSU fans come on correctly, my case's lights come on and are operational, and the debug led on the motherboard comes on. It shows two 0's and there are a series of never ending continuous long beeps. The motherboard manual doesn't tell me what the beeps mean so I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Celeriac

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I read the link about beep codes - and learned something!

You may be able to track down the code and answer, but in the first instance, I would power down, switch of at the socket, earth myself and double check the connections and seatings of all necessary components such as memory, drives and daughter cards. It may just be that when the system tries to access the memory or video card or something, it can't find it.