Edit RAW in PS or Nikon Capture

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 6, 2005 8:46:06 AM

I have a new Nikon 8800 that saves RAW files. I can open the RAW file in
either Nikon's Capture or in PS 7 using the plug in.
My question is which program is better for initial editing of the picture,
especially color balance, levels, saturation and sharpening. Capture seems
more awkward but has some nice features and is Nikon's own program. PS 7 is
more familiar but I question if the plug in to open RAW images works as well
as the Nikon product.
Is there any data or wed sites that discuss this question?
Thank you
Brad

More about : edit raw nikon capture

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:44:16 PM

"Brad Stamm" <rbstamm@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Nikon 8800 that saves RAW files. I can open the RAW file in
> either Nikon's Capture or in PS 7 using the plug in.
> My question is which program is better for initial editing of the picture,
> especially color balance, levels, saturation and sharpening. Capture seems
> more awkward but has some nice features and is Nikon's own program. PS 7
is
> more familiar but I question if the plug in to open RAW images works as
well
> as the Nikon product.
> Is there any data or wed sites that discuss this question?
> Thank you
> Brad

Try here:

http://search.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=raw+...