Sign in with
Your question

No VGA signal after installing new stick of memory

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
August 21, 2011 2:23:38 AM

Hi, I have an older pc that I wanted to add more memory to. The PC is an HP Pavilion a1340n Desktop running XP Media Center 2005. I have done all the updates for the OS and I can’t find any for the BIOS. The problem is only when the sticks are in the both slots. I have tried both sticks one at a time, alone in both slots. The PC boots up normal. The sticks are both 1GB PC2 4200 SDRAM DDR2 4-4-4 533 MHz. One is the stock ram and the other I just purchased from Newegg. There is no graphics card. It is running the on board ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors . I get no vga signal when both sticks are installed. the maximum memory allowed is 2GB. I am not sure what the issue can be. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
August 23, 2011 2:23:26 AM

Ok I solved the problem. I feel like an idiot. One stick was dual sided with a total of 16 chips and the other was single sided with only 8 chips. This is what was causing the conflict. I must give credit to my freind with Georgia Pacific IS department for the solve.
m
l
!