Budget Gaming PC Ordering SOON! Please help!

I asked about help on a build earlier - now my money is in, combos changed, AND I have recently read about AMD's 6XXX series coming out in Q1 of 2011 so I am completely confused on which route I want to go. Anyone and everyone's help will be greatly appreciated on helping me get the most 'bang for my buck'! I have been following Tom's Hardware for a while now and have seen that you guys can be a great deal of help which is exactly why I came here!

What I'm looking for: Budget gaming computer around $1200 - $1300. (Could be willing to go a LITTLE higher if it would be worth it)

Longevity - Want it to be able to withstand the rapidly changing world of computers and gaming as long as possible.

Performance - I want to be able to play even the highest end games on high or ultra settings.

What I need included in the build: Every basic component in building a computer as well as a monitor (1080p), keyboard and mouse, wireless network adapter. Do not need OS!

Considering Crossfire or SLI (perhaps in a future upgrade, perhaps now..)

Preferred site: Newegg.com, but I'm definitely open for cheaper options. I do NOT live near a Microcenter.

Combos! Combos! Combos! I am ordering REALLY soon (today if I can get some solid help!) Combos will be okay, and preferred!)

Also, I go to school for computer programming, but am not far into it yet. This is the computer I will probably be using for writing my programs, but I do not want it to take precedence over the gaming aspects. This is primarily a GAMING pc, but feel free to take that into consideration!

Please help me save as much money and get a solid computer! Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about budget gaming ordering soon help
  1. Most rumours are pointing out that the 6xxx series will start trickling in during October and possibly be widely available during November. I just ordered my new pc a few hours ago and will be using the integrated graphics until I can upgrade to a 6xxx series.

Sorry about not being able to help with newegg, I am in the U.K.My budget was £1k which is probably about the same as your budget if you factor in the higher costs here. I ended up spending just under £1.1k without a graphics card.

Feel free to check my thread out. It is the £1000 WoW PC thread.
  2. Anyone got some build ideas? devroz thanks, but people used quite a few u.k. sites and tbh I am quite lost when it comes to the money conversion lmao. What is the ratio?
  3. It really depends how urgent your need to game is - for peeps just want to build a workable rig *now* but muling over discrete GPU option later in the year one could always build an IGP rig with the sturdy nest of course i.e 80+ PSU, etc
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems