Sign in with
Your question
Closed

System wont boot up :( (P7P55D - Core i5 650 )

Last response: in Motherboards
August 21, 2011 10:13:56 AM

hello everyone :) 
i have the following system :
Processor
Intel Core i5 650 3.2Ghz @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Memory
Corsair GMX 2x2GB @ 1600Mhz
Graphic Card
ATI HD 5870 Club3d
Power
AcBel 660W

Here is what happened :

2days ago wen i was playing suddenly my PSU kinda exploded , i mean some parts in it( BooM ! ) so i went to my retailer and he changed the PSU and gave me a new one ! i installed the new PSU and when system booted up i saw the setting i did on Cmos are gone and rams are working on 1333 ( its what MB supports normaly ) so i had to change it to 1600 ( i guess thats a bit of overclock ) and following the ram CPUs freq always go up... but i decided to make it a bit higher , so i OCed CPU to 3.9 and dont remember about ram after saving system came up , windows completely loaded and worked perfectly ! but in the middle of work it stop and hanged i turned it off ( by un-pluging the cable ) and from that moment system wont boot up :( 

Here is the problem :

(i really donno how to describe this but i try ) when i press the turn on button system wants boot up for like 0.5sec but it goes off and again it boots up for 0.5sec and it goes on and one continuously till i take out the power cable !
there is no Clear Cmos button on MB - there is no jumper on MB to clear Cmos - i took the battery out ( i donno how to do this battery thing ) but nothing happened !
August 21, 2011 12:54:55 PM

From what you said, I'd say that you psu mishap have damaged your motherboard or your cpu (I've seen a cpu go down numerous times after a power supply free game).

So if you want to avoid problems in the future, Id advise you to get a better psu than what you have. Try to stick to Antec or Corsair (bronze certified at least) .

Good luck
Score

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 21, 2011 1:09:02 PM

the PSu did its damage alright, :/  but the problem you mentioned can not entirely rule the PSu to take out your mobo in that last incident. Are you running off the Acebel 660W PSU? I think that old/new psu can't supply the juice for the components in your rig. It looks to me like an el cheapo PSU - so that sticker says it can give out 660W but in reality its getting a max of maybe 350~400W IMO...never get a Chinese cheapo PSU always shoot for the branded merchandise. Cost more but is easier on your mind, wallet and parts down the road.

I'd first suggest getting a new quality PSU from the retailer and test if the rig can power up. If not then we need you to breadboard the mobo with only the essentials plugged into the mobo.

FYI - powersupply calculators may show that you are well within the limit of your PSU with the aforementioned components but:
1| you're runnign an OC
2| that 5870 can pull a good amount of power from PSU
3| your running off a no-name branded PSU that advertised a wattage but can't give you the juice you need.

Hope that helps!

BTW welcome to the forums, newcomer!

P.S; you can check out the troubleshooting link in my sig
Related resources
August 21, 2011 2:01:01 PM

well , that PSU was doing a good job on heavy games ( Witcher 2 ) with every setting on ultra but suddenly that happened and plus that it was kinda expensive ( now i am aware of that sentece that says : being expensive dosent mean to be great )

maybe ill change it if i get the budget ! i just hope they accept the guarantee for my MB !
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 21, 2011 2:22:19 PM

in an event of a burn case...you need to get a new mobo...:/ so i suppose no. I wen't through that same ordeal, lost $902 worth of riggage cos of a cheapo 350W psu that came with the case...so go figure ;) 
Score
August 21, 2011 2:24:27 PM

hmm... it was not with the case
my case is Tonb TCH-915 , i wanted to buy a "GREEN" PSU but retailer told me this AcBel is better and bought it for 135$
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 21, 2011 3:12:46 PM

:ouch:  :ouch:  thas a lot for a PSU of that type - you could've gotten something else in the branded section, like a corsair HX, TXV2, GX series or maybe a Seasonic unit.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 8:27:41 AM

I hope your problem has subsided and thank YOU for the vote! :) 
Score
August 28, 2011 12:31:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Jaydeejohn
Score
!