Sign in with
Your question

Which is the best for external HDD gaming

Last response: in Storage
January 7, 2013 8:30:57 PM

Hello, I've been wanting to get an E.HDD for a while to move games and play them on the external, but I've heard about SATA, 3.0 USB, etc. And I'm not entirely sure what the heck they mean, could someone please explain which is better. Thanks.

More about : external hdd gaming

January 8, 2013 6:44:40 PM

Please help.
a b G Storage
January 8, 2013 6:50:41 PM

wouldn't recommend an external hdd for gaming
Related resources
January 8, 2013 6:54:05 PM

"Both USB 3.0 and eSATA III are faster than any current hard drive (excluding SSDs) so it shouldn't matter much which one you use. But it's not too late for the jury to come back with a different verdict as early adopter adapter cards and drives start to be used.
Actually, ANY version of eSATA (1, 2 or 3) is faster than current hard drives, so it really doesn't matter which one you use. But USB 2.0 IS a bottleneck for any modern disk drive. "
January 8, 2013 6:56:46 PM

Wikipedia explains them very well. Personally, I don't think it would make a single bit of difference with either one. They both sustain transfer speeds equal to or faster than the best ssd's. Once the application is loaded into RAM, speed of the hard drive makes no difference. People game using standard platter hard drives and those have crap transfer speeds. So you are fine with either. I would go with usb 3.0 because it's more standard than esata.
August 24, 2013 5:16:30 PM

Hello every one..
I am looking for the best External (HDD) out there That is Waterproof and shockproof.
I have personally searched different websites And it kept mentioning 2 brands as the best :-
1- ADATA DashDrive 1TB HD710 Military-Spec USB 3.0
2- Silicon Power Armor A80 1TB USB 3.0 Milintary Grade.
So is it true that These are the best out there?
If yes, Which of them is better? 
!