TipToe

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hello, is there any posibility to work if I have a ASUS M4A88T-V EVO motherboard where in specs says that it supports only 1333/1066 MHZ Frequency RAM with KIT CORSAIR 16GB at 1600MHZ? I'm asking cause I don't know why my new PC doesn't show anything on monitor so I'm thinking this is the problem.

When your BIOS CPU settings are set to "Auto" the Cosair 1600MHz kits default to 1333MHz, so you should be ok. You have to manually set the timings in order to achieve 1600MHz.

Clear the CMOS on the motherboard to see if that will resolve your issues.

TipToe

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
And how can I get in BIOS if I can't see anything on the monitor.I mean it has power but nothing appears on monitor.

Good point. :) You stated that you have 16GB of memory. I'm assuming that you have 4 sticks of 4GB each. Remove 3 sticks and have just 1 stick of memory in slot DIMM_A1. See page 1-8 of your motherboard manual if you need to know where that slot is located.

Remove the battery on your motherboard. Follow steps 1 & 2 on page 1-20 of your motherboard manual. Reinstall the battery.
Follow steps 3 & 4.

CMOS is short for Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor. CMOS is an on-board semiconductor chip powered by a CMOS battery inside computers that stores information such as the system time and date and the system hardware settings for your computer.

TipToe

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I've tried the thing with removing battery and 3 sticks of RAM but not sure on wich spot I left 4 GB... I'll buy a new PSU assuming this is the most important problem and will still not work I'll go with the parts at a service...