Sign in with
Your question

Start-Up Error Message (Hard-drive)

Last response: in Systems
September 28, 2010 10:19:30 PM

I just built my rig using the parts listed in my signature. I have no problem using the computer other than having a symptom described below.

When I start up the computer, start up screen displays "No detection of hard-drives!" message.

After 1-2 seconds while I do not press any key, computer detects hard-drive and Windows 7 starts up without any problem.

I checked BIOS, and my hard-drive is correctly detected in first SATA slot, I believe it's SATA #0.

FYI, my boot up sequence is

#1 Removable Storage
#2 Optical CD-ROM
#3 Hard-drive

Please somebody help me to find out why system is displaying such message at start up and advise me to correct this.

HELP!!!
September 28, 2010 10:50:29 PM

Check ACHI in the bios. You want it on.

Have you forced the RAM voltage/timings in bios? Might help if the voltage is defaulting too low.

Double check the cables for tightness.

Check the motherboard manual for any info about where to plug the boot HDD in. It might want the optical in the first slot.

Are you sure you are not plugging a SATA II drive into a SATA III port?
m
l
September 28, 2010 11:28:14 PM

dndhatcher said:
Check ACHI in the bios. You want it on.

Have you forced the RAM voltage/timings in bios? Might help if the voltage is defaulting too low.

Double check the cables for tightness.

Check the motherboard manual for any info about where to plug the boot HDD in. It might want the optical in the first slot.

Are you sure you are not plugging a SATA II drive into a SATA III port?

1) What is ACHI?

2) Yes, I have forced the RAM speed in BIOS. My memory is DDR3 12800 that runs at 1600MHz data rate but MOBO defaulted it to 1333MHz. So I have overriden its speed to 1600.

3) Tightness of cables is good, and they are correctly plugged into correct ports.

4) I will check on MOBO manual later.

5) Yes, I am sure that I am not plugging a SATA II drive into a SATA III port.
m
l
!