Maxtor On Touch III

Pete_43

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hello,have Maxtor one touch III,followed CD instructions,my laptop does NOT recognize Maxtor,BUT Icon is on window on in "Control Panel". Ran test and show it is ok...working properly,BUT can not get it to work. Try to formatt and won't allow me. Asks me if I want to creat a Partition, "Partition Creation" FAILED can anyone pllease help.

dioden200

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
For those of you trying to use your maxtor external drives with windows 7, after hours of searching I finally tried to do something on my own. I plugged my drive back into my XP computer and clicked safely remove hardware for the drive and then when I plugged it back into my Windows 7 machine and it worked. The error that I kept getting was the drive was not recognized. After reading thousands of posts with no solution and being disgusted by seagates lack of help I figured this out on my own. Hope this helps those of you who maybe gave up years ago, but I still use my MaxtorIII 300 GB drive for all of my backups of pictures, music, etc. Hope I help at least a few of you!