Sign in with
Your question

PCIe 2.* on DG35EC PLS HELP ASAP !!!!!!!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
August 21, 2011 1:30:47 PM

I m about to get a HD 6850 and read that it requires PCIe 2.1*16 connector . Well my mobo is Intel DG35EC and here are the specs from the intel website

Discrete Graphics PCIe x16

Expansion Options[/u]
PCI Support 1
PCIe x1 Gen 2.x 2
PCIe x4 Gen 2.x 0
PCIe x8 Gen 2.x 0
PCIe x16 Gen 2.x 1

Can someone tell me whats with the expansion options as i am afraid that i might be able to use only the PCIe x16 slot
Guys , pls help me
http://ark.intel.com/products/34689/Intel-Desktop-Board...

More about : pcie dg35ec pls asap

a b V Motherboard
a b å Intel
August 21, 2011 4:21:44 PM

You have 4 PCI slots on your motherboard and the expansion options gives you the details about those 4 PCI slots.

Your HD 6850 must be connected to the PCIe x16 connector (Slot F).
See page 11 of your motherboard manual: http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Intel_DG35EC_Ma...
m
l
August 21, 2011 5:10:55 PM

Dereck47 said:
You have 4 PCI slots on your motherboard and the expansion options gives you the details about those 4 PCI slots.

Your HD 6850 must be connected to the PCIe x16 connector (Slot F).
See page 11 of your motherboard manual: http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Intel_DG35EC_Ma...

Thanks for your guidance bro , but my doubt is that its just a PCIe 1. x16 graphics connector whereas the HD 6850 requires PCIe2.1x16 connector . So do you think that the HD 6850 can be fixed on my mobo and can you elaborate ?
Thanks in advance
And do reply ASAP :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b å Intel
August 21, 2011 5:27:54 PM

The link that you provided in your 1st post indicates that it's compatible.

Update the BIOS on your board to the latest version just to be sure.
On the link you provided there's a link that says "Software Downloads >". Just click that to download your BIOS.
m
l
August 21, 2011 5:38:45 PM

Dereck47 said:
The link that you provided in your 1st post indicates that it's compatible.

Update the BIOS on your board to the latest version just to be sure.
On the link you provided there's a link that says "Software Downloads >". Just click that to download your BIOS.

Does that mean that my slot can be made into PCIe2.*16 graphics connector slot by updating the BIOS ?. If not should i expect any performance drop when i install the HD6850 in the PCIe1.*16 graphics connector slot that is already present in my mobo ?
Thanks for the quick reply :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b å Intel
August 21, 2011 6:13:13 PM

scapegoat_44 said:
Does that mean that my slot can be made into PCIe2.*16 graphics connector slot by updating the BIOS ?.

No, it does not mean that. The connector is already PCIe2. *16 . It was just a suggestion to update your BIOS to the latest version. You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.

should i expect any performance drop when i install the HD6850 in the PCIe1.*16 graphics connector slot that is already present in my mobo ? said:
should i expect any performance drop when i install the HD6850 in the PCIe1.*16 graphics connector slot that is already present in my mobo ?

You only have one x16 graphics connector slot and it is PCIe2.

m
l
August 22, 2011 4:28:24 AM

Dereck47 said:
No, it does not mean that. The connector is already PCIe2. *16 . It was just a suggestion to update your BIOS to the latest version. You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.

You only have one x16 graphics connector slot and it is PCIe2.

Are you sure about that since i saw in GPU-Z pics involving this mobo that it is a gen 1 * 16 connector ?
m
l
!