How to stop a color profile from being overridden?

brain_

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Hi. Let me briefly summarize my problem:

I just bought a new laptop, with an Nvidia 310m video card (latest drivers), running Windows 7. The screen is crisp and nice, but in games (namely Starcraft 2) that don't have a Constrast slider, the colors are washed out and it is hard to focus. I am on a laptop with a screen that does not support adjusting contrast, only brightness. :(

I tried to fix this by going in the Nvidia Control Panel and adjusting the color settings. I said "use Nvidia settings" and adjusted the contrast to a desirable level. This works for my desktop, movies, etc. However, when I run games in fullscreen, they override the color settings in the Nvidia Control Panel and look washed-out. I know the settings are being overridden because when I run the games in windowed mode (even at full resolution) the colors are perfect.

So. How can I create a color profile (namely just adjusting contrast) that won't be overridden by games?

brain_

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
That won't do anything. My understanding of the problem is that Windows 7 (and Vista) don't allow your desktop profile to override games - games have their own color profiles, which I can't figure out how to adjust. I need a way to modify SC2's color profile, or something.

I have tried using Powerstrip but the game still doesn't listen to the settings.

Is there a third party application that lets me set color profiles for individual apps, or some way to stop the apps from overriding my settings?