Intel Core i7 2600k
Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3
Noctua NH-D14
G. Skill RipJaws 2x4gb 1600mhz
Intel 510 Series 120gb SSD
Samsung F3 Spinpoint 500gb HD
Corsair AX850
MSI GTX 580 Lightning

First of all, this happens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elj5nu3YakM&feature=player_embedded

It's not supposed to do that, right? Flash the same screens many times in a row..

But to my "main problem". What ever updates I do to the bios (doesn't matter if it is changing the multiplier or upgrading the bios) my system will not boot, until I clear cmos. This applies to all changes done through the AI Suite aswell. I have upgraded the bios to version 1409, cleared cmos multiple times and taken out the bios battery for a while.. Nothing has helped.
Another thing that happens, is that my Noctua fan will do 1200rpm pretty much always.. Even if I'm not doing anything, it will keep the 1200rpm.. I noticed that what ever the temperature is, the fan will have over 1200rpm.

27z9cnn.jpg

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

Regarding the boot screens, yeah I've seen that before. You can Disable both the Marvell and JMicron. In addition, you can Disable the 'Splash' {Full Screen Logo} screen and use Quick Boot option. I assume that you are using the Intel SATA ports only.

Next, uninstall the AI Suite; this conflicts with your BIOS i.e. it is a BIOS invasive Application and overrides the manual BIOS settings. Other than 'oooh' factor it and most any BIOS 'Utility' App is useless.

hooumeri

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011

Thank you, I will try these tips out! :)

hooumeri

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
One more question.. Should I uninstall all of the programs that came on the disc (such as EPU, fan Xpert, Asus update..) or can they stay?

What about MSI Afterburner?

MSI Afterburner - is perfectly fine for OC the GPU, and it's only invasive to the GPU.
EPU - is counter intuitive if you're OC the CPU; power savings + extra power OC don't mix.
Fan Xpert - is probably the App that's driving you crazy with the oddball fan speeds.
ASUS Update - is the worst way possible to update your BIOS; use ASUS EZ Flash 2 and update the BIOS from the BIOS + FAT 32 USB.