cutcopypaste

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
this is sprung off a previous thread when I thought the problem was my soundcard..
Short version: On my system, audio through multiple soundcards gets glitchy (clicks, stutters) whenever an ethernet cord is plugged into the case.. either internal ethernet or pci ethernet card.. so long as it's powered (hooked into router, modem or just another pc). I imagine that indicates something's faulty inside the case. But where from here? Warranty claim? rebuild computer?

Mobo:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275&Tpk=msi%20870a-g54

Case:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&cm_re=antec_three_hundred-_-11-129-042-_-Product

PSU:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171037&cm_re=coolermaster_silent_pro-_-17-171-037-_-Product

full component list

kureme

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Skimming through your other thread, it seems that it may be something physical bridging your ethernet and your audio chips on the motherboard. That or there's a defective component on the mobo that's shorting those chips together.

Double and triple check all loose wires in your case and inspect your motherboard for defective parts.

Also, check your device manager to see if there are any conflicts with your devices. If you don't have and conflicts, boot into safe mode and check device manager for duplicates and remove the duplicates.

cutcopypaste

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

What am I looking for with the lose wires exactly? just that they're not touching anything metal on the mobo?.. and any guideline on finding the audio and ethernet chips? that's different from the ports, right? would it be around the same place?

kureme

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Make sure the ends of the loose wires are not touching anything. The insulated parts are fine, just not the bare ends.

Audio and ethernet chips are placed differently for different mobos but are generally near the back of the board where all the external things are plugged in. The manual may identify where they are.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

You know when you buy a mobo it generally has that foam under it, Its anti static foaming really as you know screwing down your motherboard its practically steel on steel, Naturally your hearing it through your speakers because somewhere somehow there is contact, But with the foam under your board and by saying foam it should of came with your board, or go to your computer store of choice and ask the technical side if they have anything laying around, Should be for free its just foam,lol

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
WIth regards to your components say the PCI add in cards take an eraser and rub the gold slots below the card either side dust is amazing, Just test it out and see if there is a change, Plus get that foam it really does help

cutcopypaste

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Actually I've got it completely out of the case, on top of a cardboard box with the PSU, mobo, and hard drive .... still doing it! And it stops immediately if I pull out the ethernet cable.