ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB dedicated

peachcafe

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I really am not a pc expert and I need a little advice. I am looking to upgrade a graphics card so that I will be able to play FFXIV on my HP. Minimum req say ATI 2900 512 GB dedicated or equivalent, so does that mean a ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB dedicated is better? I really don't know what it all means and the "sales people" work on comission, so will sell you the most expensive. Will FFXIV run decent on this graphics card or not?

HP Pavilion Elite e9220y
AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
8GB DDR3
1 TB hard drive
Windows 7 (not my idea)

I can't run the Benchmark, I haven't bought the card yet

Solution

you will need a 5670 in order to be able to play the game at medium/high settings with a 19inch monitor @ 1440x900 or similar resolution. however, do let us know what the native resolution of your monitor is.

if you purchase a 5670 or better, you will need to upgrade your PSU.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The power supply (PSU) is the box that you plug that big black kettle lead into (to the AC Plug). If possible, do some research about your particular computer model (either on HP's website or elsewhere) to see what wattage the power supply is rated at and most importantly how many Amps the 12 volt rails are rated to go at.

This is important stuff when considering a graphics card upgrade.

sarwar_r87

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008

you will need a 5670 in order to be able to play the game at medium/high settings with a 19inch monitor @ 1440x900 or similar resolution. however, do let us know what the native resolution of your monitor is.

if you purchase a 5670 or better, you will need to upgrade your PSU.

Solution

peachcafe

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
To be completely honest I am not looking to be able to see the pores of the characters face, or the individual hair on a sheeps butt. I just want to play the game decently on my pc until it comes out in March for the PS3. I have played FFXI on a pc that no one thought would ever play it ( emachines totally over the counter absolutely no upgrades) I have played WOW on this pc I have now perfectly with no upgrades and I was able to see the pores on the chars face(lol). I thank everyone for replying and keep them coming please, the more information I can gather from you all the better chance I have of getting the right upgrades to play the game