Laptop Screen Turns white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungrave223

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Okay so I have this 2 yr old Sony Vaio VGN-CR590. A couple of weeks ago the screen began to turn white, but at the time it could be easily fix by hitting the side of the laptop, unfortunately that method no longer works as an easy fix.

I am still able to port the display to an external monitor as seen in this image

I remove the screen from the laptop to check the cable that connects the lcd to the motherboard, but from what I can tell the connection wasn't in the least be loose. Also I can get the laptop screen to work by applying pressure to the top left and right (mainly the left) corner of the screen.

Does anyone have any idea as to what may be the cause of this problem?

Solution
Sounds like the cable is fouled up somewhere within its own sleeve. Its just going to keep getting worst. Just get a new screen it will cost around $70-100 depending where you go. Sony is a big name but their quality is terrible. They use to be good in the 80s early 90s. To me they are innovators and not a company to buy from.

dowsire

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Sounds like the cable is fouled up somewhere within its own sleeve. Its just going to keep getting worst. Just get a new screen it will cost around $70-100 depending where you go. Sony is a big name but their quality is terrible. They use to be good in the 80s early 90s. To me they are innovators and not a company to buy from.

Solution

Gungrave223

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

oh ok, well that would really sucks, anyway do you know of a site that i can go to purchase a new connector, or lcd screen for it?

dowsire

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
O yeah check to see if the cable is twisted, if it is unconnect it and untwist it. That some times happen. You can look on ebay for a used cable but, I won't suggest it. you can be waiting for weeks for a refund if the cable didn't fix it. www.lcds4less.com they are cheap, have good warranties, and will help you with installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.