Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help! computer crash during gameplay

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Games
  • Computer
  • Crash
Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 26, 2010 3:19:59 AM

hi,

i've been having this problem for quite some time now, i keep having a computer crash whenever
i play games. ex. Call of Duty black ops (more recent games). and my computer has 4 gbs of ram and a
video card ATI radeon 4770HD with a 700watt psu for SLI. and the games that i used to play, now keeps on crashing also.
is the problem with my RAM? or something else?.

More about : computer crash gameplay

a b à CPUs
December 26, 2010 7:56:47 AM

Blue screen or restart?
a c 88 à CPUs
December 26, 2010 9:09:21 AM

Heat or voltage problem is the most likely answer. Clean out the inside of your PC and check your PSU. Voltmeter is best, but program like speedfan or realtemp/coretemp can also be used.
Related resources
December 26, 2010 9:40:53 AM

Suggest you carryout some simple checks to try and isolate the error.

Do a memtest to rule out your RAM
Run PRIME for 15 minutes, check out your core temps with coretemp whilst running prime. Is your CPU overheating? Google for the recommended temps for your CPU to ensure.

Have you overclocked your CPU?, are your voltages ok? Simply goggling your CPU model will give you the voltage parameters for your CPU model.

If you have overclocked remember you may need to feed the CPU a little more juice, watch the temps if so.

If its stable on whilst running PRIME and memtest checks out ok, try isolate possible other hardware issues.

Remove everything but the CPU, RAM, Graphics card, is it stable with just the bare minimum components in?

if not, do you have spare components to swap out?, Try to isolate each one bit by bit by swapping out for a known good component.

Tried reinstalling to a clean/new drive?, that has solved issues with many computers i have been asked to look at.

init 6...always works......





a c 172 à CPUs
December 26, 2010 12:54:54 PM

Does the system blue screen or do a reset/reboot cycle? If the later, could be PSU.

What kind of PSU?
December 26, 2010 5:01:07 PM

my computer will just crash to a black screen with some buzzing sound, with every games i play, and then i restart my computer. it does that every time.
December 26, 2010 5:03:30 PM

jsc said:
Does the system blue screen or do a reset/reboot cycle? If the later, could be PSU.

What kind of PSU?

my computer will just crash in to a black screen and then makes a buzzing sound. then i have to reset it.
my PSU is brand new. 700watt true rated FSP everest 80Plus
December 26, 2010 5:06:27 PM

PaulB said:
Suggest you carryout some simple checks to try and isolate the error.

Do a memtest to rule out your RAM
Run PRIME for 15 minutes, check out your core temps with coretemp whilst running prime. Is your CPU overheating? Google for the recommended temps for your CPU to ensure.

Have you overclocked your CPU?, are your voltages ok? Simply goggling your CPU model will give you the voltage parameters for your CPU model.

If you have overclocked remember you may need to feed the CPU a little more juice, watch the temps if so.

If its stable on whilst running PRIME and memtest checks out ok, try isolate possible other hardware issues.

Remove everything but the CPU, RAM, Graphics card, is it stable with just the bare minimum components in?

if not, do you have spare components to swap out?, Try to isolate each one bit by bit by swapping out for a known good component.

Tried reinstalling to a clean/new drive?, that has solved issues with many computers i have been asked to look at.

init 6...always works......

i've never OC'd my computer. im afraid i might mess up my set up. and also i just bought a brand new PSU a 700 watt FSP everest 80Plus. actually it has a good review according to Tom's hardware.
December 26, 2010 5:07:24 PM

Quote:
Google for this

Bluescreen view

Run it and see what dll is causing the problem. It will show you the exact culprits

ok. thanks... i'll do that
December 26, 2010 6:12:24 PM

I had the same problem.
Check BIOS for a anti-surge protection thingy and disable it.

GL.
a c 127 à CPUs
December 27, 2010 12:41:25 AM

trendkiller said:
hi,

i've been having this problem for quite some time now, i keep having a computer crash whenever
i play games. ex. Call of Duty black ops (more recent games). and my computer has 4 gbs of ram and a
video card ATI radeon 4770HD with a 700watt psu for SLI. and the games that i used to play, now keeps on crashing also.
is the problem with my RAM? or something else?.


If you can, list all of your specs. But I would check heat and the PSU even if it is new it can be bad. We have had a few at work come DOA.

Also, look up your memory specs and in the BIOS, make sure the timings and voltage are set to the spec. Some memory will be set to wrong specs in the BIOS and it will crash during gaming. I had the same problem with my PC when I tried to play games. Once I set the memories voltage and timings to spec, it has yet to crash.
!