Sign in with
Your question

Hd 5750 can crossfire with hd4200 integrated graphics.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2010 4:01:08 PM

Hello,
So I just built new pc and i got everything up and running. my motherboard supports something called crossfire and i'm not entirely sure what it is. I think its when you can use two graphics cards at the same time or something. This in theory should give me a better overall performance when it comes to gaming. SOOO would it be possible to do the same thing with an HD5750 and the integrated HD4200 that is integrated in my motherboard.
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2010 4:06:13 PM

That would be hybrid crossfire, but the 4200 is so weak that it only supports hybrid crossfire with the 3470 and 3450. Even if you could crossfire it with the 5750 it would only add at best 1 or 2 FPS, not worth the hassle.

Your board likely supports normal crossfire which would be running a 5750 with another 5750 or 5770 to give a significant performance boost, usually adding about 80-90% to your performance. You can see what can crossfire with what in this chart from AMD
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2010 5:30:56 PM

yus4eel said:
Hello,
So I just built new pc and i got everything up and running. my motherboard supports something called crossfire and i'm not entirely sure what it is. I think its when you can use two graphics cards at the same time or something. This in theory should give me a better overall performance when it comes to gaming. SOOO would it be possible to do the same thing with an HD5750 and the integrated HD4200 that is integrated in my motherboard.

two 5750 would be crossfire while the HD4200 integrated chip + ATI 5750 card would be hybrid crossfire (as stated by hunter)

I'm pretty sure both Nvidia and ATI gave up on hybrid crossfire and the ATI 5xxx don't support it. I recall only a few ATI cards did support it (lower end 4xxx).
m
l
August 18, 2010 2:12:10 AM

alright thanks. i dont quite have enough for another 5750 just yet but yea thanks again
m
l
!