Sign in with
Your question

Can't access partition or assign drive letters

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 8, 2013 8:05:30 AM

Hello,
My system crashed as I tried to remove the "online hd tv" virus.

I have a 500G harddrive that was split into 3 partitions, 2 small ones (C: & D:)  and a large one (F:) , with all my data in it.

I reinstalled windows 7 and only two partitions (C: & D:)  are visible on "my computer". In disk management, a third partition (259.39G) is visible, but the volume is blank, the file system is blank as well and shows the space as 100% free, the only option available is "delete volume" all other options are greyed out.
There's also another (210.68G) that shows as unallocated. All of these appear under disk 0 and drive size under disk 0 now reads as 607.03G
I've tried using diskpart in command promt,, but nothing has changed.

How can I fix this without losing my data?

More about : access partition assign drive letters

January 9, 2013 3:50:20 AM

As Hawkeye22 writes, you should try a hard drive recovery freeware to help you out. Honestly, this freeware has helped me recover my inaccessible data from a drive. It is worth trying.
Tips:
1. Before the recovery process, you are supposed never to save anything new on this drive. Otherwise, the new data will rewrite your original data. The rewriting stud can get rid of your data permanently.
2. During the recovery process, you should try the selected recovery tool more times until you get back all your data.
3. After the recovery process, you should remember not to store the recovered data on the same drive in case of recovery failure; you could create a new partition to replace it for future use; you should back up your needed data safely and regularly in the future.
m
l
!