Please help me with my gaming ps config

tapyboy

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
hey i have done a lot of research on this but being a beginner ,i am very confused about this,
my sole purpose is gaming ,well not hardcore at least ;movie viewing and the day to day tasks including surfing,word,excel,etc.

my budget including everything is upto 1300$

the thing that i came up with looks like this-

-CPU - Intel Core i5-760

-Motherboard -Intel Desktop Motherboard DP55WG (confused between this and the one asus offers for the same price range)

- GPU -XFX Radeon HD5750 1GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphic Cards (HD-575X-ZNFC)

-cabinet -Antec Two Hundred V2 Black Tower Gaming Cabinet

-HDD -Seagate Barracuda ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB SATA Desktop Hard drive

-memory -2 x Corsair Desktop Memory 2GB DDR3 1333MHz (VS2GB1333D3 G)

-PSU -Cooler Master 600W SMPS (RS600-PCARE3-EU)

-monitor -Samsung 20inch Wide LCD Monitor (B2030)

-dvd drive -Sony 24X High Speed DVD Writer (DRU-880S)

-os -Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Retail Pack

-keyboard& -Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320
mouse

please give all your recommended suggestions on what to add or change and will this config be able to handle some demanding games as well.

by the way i live in india so if possible please cheak the prices as their is a major difference between some of them

i prefer the site -www.theitdepot.com for all the parts

sorry for the trouble and thnx a lot for the help.

Solution
OK, I had a look at what you have on offer there.

I would go for this board:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=170690

You wont be crossfiring with this motherboard, or if you did you would have to use a single-slot 5770 as you second graphics card, but it's not really mean for crossfiring, because the second PCIExpress slot is only a 4x speed one, but you can use other types of PCIExpress cards instead.

But from my experience, a Gigabyte mobo is a good mobo, with good BIOS features, and well built. You could overclock with this board quite happily if you so wished.

It doesn't support USB3.0 though, and for a little bit more money you could get this...

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Sounds like nice rig.

The GPU is a bit weak, but for a 20" monitor it will prob be fine :)

Maybe try and get a 5770 instead or even a 5850 if you can.?

Not sure about the motherboard- please post details of your options. Asus is a brand I would generally trust when it comes to motherboards.

You probably dont need a 600W PSU for that rig. Even with a better GPU you could still get away with a good 500w one instead :)

tapyboy

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Asus P7Q57-M DO 16GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard or heck i have almost no knowledge these so please suggest some good ones ..........
and thnx ,will upgrade the graphic card to

help -
MSI ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5 or
Power Color Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDD5 ATI PCI E or
Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB ATI PCI

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
OK, I had a look at what you have on offer there.

I would go for this board:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=170690

You wont be crossfiring with this motherboard, or if you did you would have to use a single-slot 5770 as you second graphics card, but it's not really mean for crossfiring, because the second PCIExpress slot is only a 4x speed one, but you can use other types of PCIExpress cards instead.

But from my experience, a Gigabyte mobo is a good mobo, with good BIOS features, and well built. You could overclock with this board quite happily if you so wished.

It doesn't support USB3.0 though, and for a little bit more money you could get this:

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-H55M-USB3+16GB+DDR3+-+USB+3.0+Intel+Motherboard_C13P8259.html

Which is a smaller board, with 2 less PCI slots, but it does support USB3.0, which will be handy in the future, when gadgets start to fill the market which support USB3.0

Solution