Is it my Motherboard?

OK, here's the problem. I put together a new system which includes:
ASRock 880g-LE (intergrated video) motherboard
AMD PII x2 545
G.Skill DDR3 PC-1600 2x2GB
OCZ modxstream 600watt
Win7 Ultimate
Now my system boots up correctly randomly. What I mean is when I hit the power button (cold boot) it's a hit or miss to boot into windows. But once I'm in it's ok. Run fine with no problems, 4hrs of prime. I also tested the memory with memtest86+ no error after 4hrs. when i reboot and hit "x" to unlock the other two cores it boots into windows fine. I stress with prime 1nce again for 4hrs and no errors. I can reboot as many times as I want and it will load into windows fine. But 1nce I shut down and come back in an hour it won't boot into windows at all and I have to go into the bios to set it to default just to get to windows again. My question is: Is it my motherboard? I think it is but not qite sure. What do you guys think. O yea this is my 2nd cpu the 1st didn't unlock and wasn't stable as a X2 "DOA". The PSU is the same PSU I've been using for the past 2 years. :fou: :heink:
6 answers Last reply
More about motherboard
  1. Maybe it is your X2 letting you know why it was sold as an X2. If you leave it as an X2 does this happen.
  2. Only when I reboot its OK, as a "X2". A cold boot its hit or miss, as a "X2". The CPU when tested with prime for 4hrs gives no errors as an X2 and X4. It's just cold boots problems.
  3. Probably motherboard but possibly PSU.
  4. I too agree with Rolli here.. It could possibly be the PSU..
  5. Thanks guys ill RMA it and ill check back with a reply if that was it.
  6. Run SpinRite to rule out Hard Drive R/W errors. A lot of times bad sectors will cause this behavior.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components