goldfish9228

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Ok first, my setup...
Windows7 64bit
Core i7@2.80ghz
Radeon HD5770
8gb ram

I just got this new desktop a few months ago. It's run fine with no hitches up until the past few days. I've been trying to play battlefield bad company 2, it runs beautifully for 20-30 minutes before it starts stuttering and dropping frames.

I've just about ruled out everything else, I'm thinking it might just be getting hot and throttling back.

So I downloaded core temp, and just sitting here now with only firefox open my temps as you can see in the picture below are pretty high. Everything I can find says the temps should be getting around that high under extreme load...not idling.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3166/78904037.jpg

Help?

It's possible. But it's also possible core temp isn't accurate with your dell board and windows 7. If possible, try the "del" key when you restart the system quickly and see if your dell has any hardware monitor sections in the bios. See how close coretemp comes to the bios readings.

goldfish9228

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Well delete doesn't do anything for me, I did F2 into setup and poked around in there and didn't see anything related to temperatures.

Any other way to monitor this stuff accurately?