Hey guys!

I just finished my build:

i5 2500k
MSI P67A-GD65-B3
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
XFX Radeon HD 6870
XFX 750W 80+ Silver
Crucial SSD 64GB

When I start the computer I get black lines all along the screen and windows wont even boot, but if I CTRL-ALT-DEL during BIOS boot, the computer restarts and everything works great! Please help me solve this problem.

I shot a little Youtube video of the problem to show you guys!

My Problem on video!

Thank you ahead of time for your reply!
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 22, 2011 2:59:42 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

It could be a few things: PCIe slot, GPU, PSU and perhaps a poorly seated GPU or loose PCIe pins.

Try the second PCIe slot with different PCIe power lead from PSU, and report back.
m
l
August 22, 2011 5:06:38 PM

jaquith said:
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

It could be a few things: PCIe slot, GPU, PSU and perhaps a poorly seated GPU or loose PCIe pins.

Try the second PCIe slot with different PCIe power lead from PSU, and report back.

Thank you for the reply jaquith,

Changed PCI-E Ports and replaced the PCI-E Power cables, still same exact problem! My PCI-E Power lead cables are modular and it looks weird, its a 4x2 row connector but the 4th row just detaches making it a 3 row and attaches to card! That is correct right? These were the only PCIe cables supplied so i am guessing they are connections for 3x2 (6pin) row connection and 4x2 (8pin).

UGHHHHH!!! I want to fix this so bad!

PS. I am getting couple letters and numbers on bottom right before main bios screen, they are A3, and 99.
m
l
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 22, 2011 7:29:45 PM

Most XFX HD 6870's are 6-pin + 6-pin, and you want to run 2 x PCI-E Cable (6+2 pin) with the break-off (2 pin) 'dangling'. Even IF you OC both the CPU and GPU 750W is plenty PSU.

If you click here and select to '6th' image use (2) of the PCIe leads all the way to the left; see -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

Closer view example:

m
l
August 22, 2011 9:32:49 PM

jaquith said:
Most XFX HD 6870's are 6-pin + 6-pin, and you want to run 2 x PCI-E Cable (6+2 pin) with the break-off (2 pin) 'dangling'. Even IF you OC both the CPU and GPU 750W is plenty PSU.

If you click here and select to '6th' image use (2) of the PCIe leads all the way to the left; see -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

Closer view example:
http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/psu_connector_pics/pci-e_6_2-pin.jpg

jaquith:

Thanks for all the support bud...Very much appriciated! You have helped a lot!

I finally ended up calling XFX and having them replace the graphic card. I just sent mine back, hopefully this doesnt take long! Im itching to play with my new build haha!

Thanks again! You been lots of help!
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 22, 2011 9:59:12 PM

Sorry it had to happen, but XFX is a pretty cool company. I recommend both XFX and EVGA. Things happen, most of the time it's from someone outside of XFX mishandling deliveries.

Let me know! Sooon Happy Gaming! :) 
m
l
!