Sign in with
Your question

Hard Drive stopped working

Last response: in Storage
January 8, 2013 3:39:06 PM

Hello,
Device driver software was not installed/ one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. It's plug & play and I've been using it 2yrs.
a c 86 G Storage
January 8, 2013 3:58:01 PM

And your problem / question is what now?
January 9, 2013 3:27:35 AM

Find a compatible driver for it.
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 9, 2013 9:11:06 AM

It could be as simple as the solder connections in the USB connector have been stressed from use and have failed. Most USB sticks can be "popped" apart and the solder connections can be observed/repaired.
-Bruce
January 9, 2013 12:43:11 PM

fzabkar said:
How does Microsoft's UVCView utility see the external drive?
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.ex...

Thank for your reply.
I tried your suggestion but when I have it opened and connect my hard drive it closes your information. As you can probably see I don't know a lot about computers.
January 9, 2013 12:44:41 PM

dish_moose said:
It could be as simple as the solder connections in the USB connector have been stressed from use and have failed. Most USB sticks can be "popped" apart and the solder connections can be observed/repaired.
-Bruce

Thanks for your reply.
Have tried a different usb connector but same problem. Tells me Code 43 error
January 9, 2013 12:46:43 PM

shouldershally said:
Find a compatible driver for it.

Thanks for your reply.
Have tried updates for driver but tells me my driver is up to date.
January 9, 2013 1:00:45 PM

noidea_77 said:
And your problem / question is what now?

Hi,
My problem is how to get my work from the hard drive. Microsoft are quoting Code 43 as problem and I don't know much about computers. :cry:  :cry: 
January 10, 2013 3:05:41 AM

You should a compatible driver for it.
January 10, 2013 11:16:38 AM

overclickuser56 said:

:hello:  Hi,
I have a a problem with that. The hard drive doesn't have a name on it. So I don't know what to look for.
a c 86 G Storage
January 12, 2013 2:24:12 PM

Last chance is to get the hard drive out of the case and connect it to an internal sata port of a pc.
January 20, 2013 1:31:23 PM

noidea_77 said:
Last chance is to get the hard drive out of the case and connect it to an internal sata port of a pc.

Hi, :hello: 
Thank you for your help. I have now done this and successfully recovered my work from external hard drive. Many thanks Carol :hello:  :hello: 
January 20, 2013 1:38:09 PM

overclickuser56 said:

You are rite buddy.
homestay in London
January 20, 2013 2:10:31 PM

josen said:
You are rite buddy.
homestay in London

Hi driver software up to date. But have now retrieved my work from drive and know how to fix it. Thanks anyway. Carol
!