Hard Drive stopped working

Hello,
Device driver software was not installed/ one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. It's plug & play and I've been using it 2yrs.
11 answers Last reply
More about hard drive stopped working
  1. And your problem / question is what now?
  2. How does Microsoft's UVCView utility see the external drive?
    http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.exe
  3. It could be as simple as the solder connections in the USB connector have been stressed from use and have failed. Most USB sticks can be "popped" apart and the solder connections can be observed/repaired.
    -Bruce
  4. fzabkar said:
    How does Microsoft's UVCView utility see the external drive?
    http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.exe

Thank for your reply.
    I tried your suggestion but when I have it opened and connect my hard drive it closes your information. As you can probably see I don't know a lot about computers.
  5. dish_moose said:
    It could be as simple as the solder connections in the USB connector have been stressed from use and have failed. Most USB sticks can be "popped" apart and the solder connections can be observed/repaired.
    -Bruce

Thanks for your reply.
    Have tried a different usb connector but same problem. Tells me Code 43 error
  6. shouldershally said:
    Find a compatible driver for it.

Thanks for your reply.
    Have tried updates for driver but tells me my driver is up to date.
  7. noidea_77 said:
    And your problem / question is what now?

Hi,
    My problem is how to get my work from the hard drive. Microsoft are quoting Code 43 as problem and I don't know much about computers. :cry: :cry:
  8. overclickuser56 said:
    You should a compatible driver for it.

:hello: Hi,
    I have a a problem with that. The hard drive doesn't have a name on it. So I don't know what to look for.
  9. Last chance is to get the hard drive out of the case and connect it to an internal sata port of a pc.
  10. noidea_77 said:
    Last chance is to get the hard drive out of the case and connect it to an internal sata port of a pc.

Hi, :hello:
    Thank you for your help. I have now done this and successfully recovered my work from external hard drive. Many thanks Carol :hello: :hello:
  11. josen said:
    You are rite buddy.
    homestay in London

Hi driver software up to date. But have now retrieved my work from drive and know how to fix it. Thanks anyway. Carol
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Device Driver Storage