HELP with my SD card

Tags:
  • SD Card
  • Cameras
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 8, 2013 4:11:55 PM

Hello!

I hope someone can help me with a problem I am having.
I let my daughter use my SD card for her camera while we went on vacation.
I put it back in mine today and took some pictures (probably close to 50) and out of nowhere the camera has an error message
"cannot use card"
The camera won't even turn on while the card is in it but it will if I take it out.
I put it in a reader in the USB several times and it wouldn't pick it up.
I restarted the comp and tried again...the green progress bar started moving at the top and I thought it was going to work
but the progress has stopped (the green bar is still flashing somewhat) and there is a message that I have to
format the disk in drive F.

I can retake mine from today but don't want to lose all of her pictures from New York and DC! Is there anything I can do to get them off the card before I format?

I am very technically challenged so I will literally need step by step instructions :( 

More about : card

January 8, 2013 5:36:10 PM

I have read all of the posts about the free recovery software but I haven't formatted my card yet.
Should I format it and then attempt to recover or is there a way to get the data off the card?
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:11:18 AM

Based on your description, it seems that your memory card is corrupted somehow.
Firstly, you should never format it for the formatting things may damage your inner data fatherly.
Secondly, you are supposed to select a trusted memory card recovery freeware to get back your data after connecting your memory card to a computer via a Reader. Honestly, this freeware has helped my friend restore his photos and videos form his memory card. He always tell us that it is worth trying.
Thirdly, you should format this memory card to return its normal use unless you want to have a new one to replace it.
Note:
1. Immediately take out of your memory card to avoid the original data overwritten by any new photo or video, which can make you’re the data gone permanently.
2. Save the recovered data on a different disk to avoid recovery failure.
3. Run this recovery tool more times to see whether you could harvest more data.
4. Not forget to format it after the recovery process.
5. Remember to back up your data regularly and separately in the future.
Good luck!
m
l
January 9, 2013 6:38:54 PM

Thank you!
I actually did attempt to format it yesterday but the computer gave an error message that it couldn't do the format.
I am going to pass this info onto my husband who is much better with this type of thing.
I appreciate the help :) 
m
l
!