HELP with my SD card

karen1116

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Hello!

I hope someone can help me with a problem I am having.
I let my daughter use my SD card for her camera while we went on vacation.
I put it back in mine today and took some pictures (probably close to 50) and out of nowhere the camera has an error message
"cannot use card"
The camera won't even turn on while the card is in it but it will if I take it out.
I put it in a reader in the USB several times and it wouldn't pick it up.
I restarted the comp and tried again...the green progress bar started moving at the top and I thought it was going to work
but the progress has stopped (the green bar is still flashing somewhat) and there is a message that I have to
format the disk in drive F.

I can retake mine from today but don't want to lose all of her pictures from New York and DC! Is there anything I can do to get them off the card before I format?

I am very technically challenged so I will literally need step by step instructions :(

karen1116

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I have read all of the posts about the free recovery software but I haven't formatted my card yet.
Should I format it and then attempt to recover or is there a way to get the data off the card?

karen1116

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Thank you!
I actually did attempt to format it yesterday but the computer gave an error message that it couldn't do the format.
I am going to pass this info onto my husband who is much better with this type of thing.
I appreciate the help :)

TRENDING THREADS